Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: White's Detectors, the perfect stable..?
Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: January 28, 2017 12:30PM
Mega

The build quality of the old metal box machines are about as good as it gets,the later MX-S and MX-5 machines just dont do it for me,doubt that i will buy another Whites machine though as the current line up as mentioned above will last me many more years,the quality has dropped off in recent years i feel but the technical support from Scotland has been the best ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the old metal box design. XL Pro, MXT, etc. I've felt the balance and build of the newer detectors, and the metal box designs have the best build quality, hands down. They beat any other brand too in the build quality department. And the later SL small box are not that heavy and balance perfectly, especially with the right coil. On my XL Pro, that would be the 8" concentric. I wish White's would put more development into these detectors. V3i Pro?

White's customer service is just superb. Good to hear that goes for service over the pond too.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by: Carlos (CA)
Date: January 30, 2017 12:45PM
Very Very Nice Collection! Most certainly, you are not the only one with a formidable collection of the large circuit board beauties. I took out the Eagle Spectrum this weekend and pulled a nice 1964 dime that was in area I thought was pretty clean already. :smile:
Enjoy!

Posted by: donl98632
Date: February 01, 2017 10:03PM
As a longtime Whites fan and user I have built up a small collection as well. Mine are mostly early versions of the chipped detectors. They are 6000 di series 3, eagle 2 sl 90, eagle spectrum, QXT, XLT, and DFX. Must say my favorite is the Eagle 2 sl 90.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login