Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Sweet home or Tboykin I have a question ?
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 01, 2017 04:36PM
Abe Lincoln and Boykin---Wow!!!

Posted by: Carlos (CA)
Date: March 03, 2017 10:32AM
WaterHound
Tboykin what are you saying? I thought you got the message loud and clear! The plastic parts on the back of the arm cup that fit into the slots on the battery box are to small and break off! So because of just one screw on the cup its not stable. And you said whites can't do much about the differnt ways people use the detector, we put it in the air or water and swing it! Maybe whites needs to warn people about over use, or a warning to power users, and then you say their are detectorist that want the machine to find it, clean it , and polish it, and sell it, thats a bit extreme to say that, detectorist just want want what they paid for , all you should have said is thanks will look into it , but instead you make excuses and rip on detectorist about over use or wanting to much, I was right when I said whites should hold on to you , your slippery and can't really be pinned down about something , definitely a company man

Now...you are...carrying on. haha!

Tboynkin speaks from experience with thousands of customers, I am sure he does not intend to insult us. You missed the part in his response, entirely, that your feedback and everyone elses is valuable in going forward engineering. If you choose not to accept that, then you are one of those. But I get it.

Posted by: tboykin
Date: March 03, 2017 02:00PM
I never mean to insult anyone. But I reserve the right to have some personality on forums (which I participate in of my own free will). So it is a balance. But doing the robotic "Thank you sir for you concern, I will forward your message to a supervisor" is not my style (plus it would just go to me). I do bring info to the engineers, marketing, sales, and even the CEO when it seems like something that will help the company or its customers.

Humor can be hard to get across on the internet, especially with generational differences.

Social Media Guy @ White's

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 03, 2017 02:12PM
tboykin
I never mean to insult anyone. But I reserve the right to have some personality on forums (which I participate in of my own free will). So it is a balance. But doing the robotic "Thank you sir for you concern, I will forward your message to a supervisor" is not my style (plus it would just go to me). I do bring info to the engineers, marketing, sales, and even the CEO when it seems like something that will help the company or its customers.

Humor can be hard to get across on the internet, especially with generational differences.

Yeah, sometimes the younger ones just don't get it.

I get it Tboykin.
Posted by: JASONSPAZ1
Date: March 03, 2017 02:20PM
I love the pop culture humor from a manufacture.
I can not tolerate Cylons either.

"If you walk away from a target still thinking of it,
then go back and dig it"

Metal Detecting in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for 30 years.
Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

I currently use a Minelab Sovereign GT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 02:21PM by JASONSPAZ1.

Posted by: pistolpete
Date: March 03, 2017 03:06PM
You keep up the good work Mr. Tom!
Cheers

Pete Anderson www.andersondetectorshafts.com

Posted by: WaterHound
Date: March 03, 2017 07:01PM
Youngster ! Well thank you for the compliment , geezer ! Are you old guys still shopping at bald mart ! And how do you fasten your detector to your walker , I think its so sweet that you're sticking up for somone who makes excuses ,Blames detectorist for over use, and said there are some detectorist that can't be pleased and want the machine to do everything , it's advertised to do .and then says he's joking. l'm not ! I want to know why the poorly designed arm cuff is not warrantied , wait ! I just answered my own question , I know that tboykin is not the one who makes the questionable business decisions for this company , He's just an innocent bystander who took the heat for a company that should have got it from the youngsters themselves , I guess I should have wrote the company a letter instead of using the Forum to pick on your boy kin, lol !

Date: March 03, 2017 07:03PM
Youngster ! Well thank you for the compliment , geezer ! Are you old guys still shopping at bald mart ! And how do you fasten your detector to your walker , I think its so sweet that you're sticking up for somone who makes excuses ,Blames detectorist for over use, and said there are some detectorist that can't be pleased and want the machine to do everything , it's advertised to do .and then says he's joking. l'm not ! I want to know why the poorly designed arm cuff is not warrantied , wait ! I just answered my own question , I know that tboykin is not the one who makes the questionable business decisions for this company , He's just an innocent bystander who took the heat for a company that should have got it from the youngsters themselves , I guess I should have wrote the company a letter instead of using the Forum to pick on your boy kin, lol !

Date: March 03, 2017 07:53PM
I think that that tboykin was really being honest , not joking , because hes tired and worn out from dealing with fellas like me , I'm sorry for saying some of the things I've said , I better let go of this , get over it, and act like the 58 years old I am , I still like my MX sport and weve been able to strengthen the arm cuff with 3 screws and it works fine,

Re: I get it Tboykin.
Posted by: shortcut1224
Date: March 03, 2017 08:40PM
Keep up the good work Tom, I get tired and worn out from this type stuff

the public is a hard master to please.
Posted by: Tahts-a-dats-ago
Date: March 03, 2017 10:21PM
I spent my working lifetime dealing with the public (consumer goods). It isn't easy dealing with the public; there are some who take the "You can't please everyone all the time" thingy and run with it. In many cases that type doesn't want a solution to their problem nearly as much as they want to gripe (often endlessly) about the so-called problem. It wouldn't matter if the company triple refunded their money and purchased them a similar product from a competitor - some people just don't want a solution. For them it isn't about being made whole, it's about being right (even when they're wrong).

In my opinion, Tboykin handled the complaint with skill and grace. It can be difficult dealing with irritated customers, especially so when the conversation is on a public forum. Making matters even more difficult is the nature of this public venue; little gestures and tones are absent, so the words are just that - words. A simple sentence can be read multiple ways - some good and some not so good. What is spoken with humor can often be taken completely different when seen in the written form.

And no, I am not pointing a finger at anyone who posted in this thread. I'm merely pointing out the fact that tboykin sometimes has a difficult task and that he did a fine job in a situation that severely limits his ability to convey the message as he intended it to be understood.

Date: March 04, 2017 08:55AM
Wow that slippery talking sounds like the liberal news media , this really is not about your buddy tboykin who doesn't want to lose his job , its about a company bragging about how far they can drop a metal detector on the ground in their MX sport presentation video and then not covering everything on the warranty , is the bottom line that important, is this how their making some of the money back for the Electronics issues during the factory up date , by charging detectorist for arm cuffs , and use the very hard earned money of detectorist until they get it right , in my last post I said I was sorry for some of the things I've said and wanted to let it go , but you just won't let me will you ? definitely White's metal detectors could learn from Garrett's how to treat their customers my wife and I have realized that in america your gonna get ripped off , but its up to us on how much , who's running that company the clintons ?

Posted by: Tahts-a-dats-ago
Date: March 04, 2017 01:13PM
WaterHound
Wow that slippery talking sounds like the liberal news media , this really is not about your buddy tboykin who doesn't want to lose his job , its about a company bragging about how far they can drop a metal detector on the ground in their MX sport presentation video and then not covering everything on the warranty , is the bottom line that important, is this how their making some of the money back for the Electronics issues during the factory up date , by charging detectorist for arm cuffs , and use the very hard earned money of detectorist until they get it right , in my last post I said I was sorry for some of the things I've said and wanted to let it go , but you just won't let me will you ? definitely White's metal detectors could learn from Garrett's how to treat their customers my wife and I have realized that in america your gonna get ripped off , but its up to us on how much , who's running that company the clintons ?

The hit dog always yelps the loudest.

Being a “liberal” I can't be sure of what that phrase means, but it seemed to fit for some odd reason.

I am a Liberal in the sense that the founding fathers were, for the most part, Liberals themselves. Back then the term implied a belief in individual liberties and limited government; concepts that are foreign to today's so-called liberals (they're more aptly defined as Marxists of one stripe or another).

Blind, emotion-driven, bashing of American businesses is uniquely the realm of the left (liberals, as you call them). Those on the other side, of the political fence, tend to be supporters of American businesses and seldom, if ever, engage in emotionally-derived attacks against American businesses.

This isn't the proper venue for a political discussion: I'm merely attempting to explain why your synopsis (of my prior comments) is incorrect.

In my prior comments I made no judgment with regards to the way Whites handled complaints about the arm-cuff on their MX Sport. I did state my opinion on tboykin's responses to those complaints, and stand by my belief that he did a good job in a difficult situation. I really don't know what more could, reasonably, be expected from him.

I do not know tboykin. I've never met him, nor have I had a conversation with him. I have read some of his posts. Based upon those posts, I must consider him to be a rather astute young man, with a bright future ahead of him.

I did mention the fact that dealing with the public is often very frustrating; sometimes an exercise in futility as there are consumers who do not want a solution to the problems they are complaining about. That isn't an attack on your person, or even an attack upon difficult customers; it's simply an observation of fact.

Like it or not, money is the bottom line for any business. They either make money or they fold the business and close their doors. I don't see how that can bother anyone, given the fact that we consumers are also driven by the need for money. And it wouldn't matter if money were removed from the equation: both the consumer and the business would still be driven by the need to obtain the means of their survival.

Having purchased my own MX Sport only recently, I haven't had enough time with the machine to know whether there will be a problem with the arm-cuff. It seems to be solid in my opinion, but time will tell if that really is the case. If it does prove to be a problem, I will either find a means of fixing that problem or I will not.

At any rate, in spite of the fact that I have seen the video where the machine was dropped (on purpose) and claims made with regards to the durability of the machine. I do not take those claims to mean the machine is capable of surviving (completely intact) really rough use or treatment. That simply is not feasible in my opinion. I do take the claims to imply the capability (of the MX Sport) to survive the occasional mishap that will happen during the normal use of the machine.

Is the arm-cuff on the MX Sport faulty?

I don't know. It doesn't seem to be on my machine. Whatever the case, I have no doubt that Whites will, if there is an issue, make things right for the owner of that machine (if it is possible to do so).

I use Whites machines because I like them and I believe Whites customer service takes a backseat to nobody. One doesn't have to search very long to find glowing endorsements with regards to Whites customer service; there are thousands of said glowing endorsements and they represent only a small percentage of Whites customers who are extremely pleased with the service they have received.

I've also read many of your posts. I saw your post in which you bashed the MX Sport (prior to learning it) and seemingly hated the machine. I also saw subsequent posts in which you sang the praises of the same machine (claiming it superior to its competitors). And now you're bashing the company itself – for reasons that may/may not have validity.

It seems, to me anyway, that your emotions drive your posts. I am not troubled with the thought of you not being pleased with Whites – that is your decision to make. I did find some of your comments to be a bit disrespectful to tboykin and, more recently, to myself and others. That makes no sense to me because nobody has attacked you.

WaterHound
...in my last post I said I was sorry for some of the things I've said and wanted to let it go , but you just won't let me will you ?

Case in point: the little beauty quoted above.

You're attempting to assign responsibility to me, for your actions. You choose to make the comments you make. Nobody else is responsible for your statements. Nobody is forcing you to make those comments. You, alone, own your comments.

I can assure you of the fact that Whites would like to keep you as a customer. I can also assure you of the fact that Whites will – based on their long history of doing so – do what they can to rectify any problems you might have with their machines. My own opinion – I do not speak for Whites – is that you may be better off with Garretts (since you believe their service to be superior). There is nothing wrong with being a fan of Garretts – that is your choice (and the choice of many others). I'm just reminding you that Garretts doesn't make machines perfectly either.

Good luck whichever way you choose.

Date: March 04, 2017 04:08PM
As far as I am concerned this is none of your , business ! When I see other detectorist having a beef about something I might read it ,but I dont run my pie hole , and of course your gonna say its a open forum , so you and the rest of those that posted on this topic can keep this fire burning , with your great wisdom , and I'm not looking for a perfect detector ! If I was heading that way I would not have purchased this one , I would rather see a company work on its customer service in honoring its warranties fully on an $800 machine than their spokes person giving excuses .

Posted by: pistolpete
Date: March 04, 2017 04:42PM
Mods???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login