Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whites Digmaster digger handle coming loose.
Posted by: 88junior
Date: February 25, 2017 04:49PM
I have only used this digger at tops 6 times and the rubber grip is already coming loose. Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you fix it? I love the feel of this digger and cuts a very nice plug. But it's aggravating that the rubber hand grip is already coming off.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Re: Whites Digmaster digger handle coming loose.
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: February 25, 2017 04:54PM
Can you use Gorilla Glue? I use it on a few things....strong stuff.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: 88junior
Date: February 25, 2017 05:05PM
I never thought about Gorilla Glue that may just work. I am still a little peed that I am having to do this to a practically brand new digger. I have used my Lesche for 6 years and never had a issue one with it doing this.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: February 26, 2017 05:05PM
mine has come off and left the metal part in the ground.. i havent fixed it yet but it is irritating ..

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 20 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: wasp
Date: March 09, 2017 09:34PM
The red plastic grip came loose on my Lesche two years ago. I cleaned it and used Gorilla Glue. No problems since.

White's MX Sport w/stock 10" coil, 13" Ultimate, 950 Sport, 6x10 Sport, 7" Detech
White's V3i w/Super 12, D2, Eclipse 950, Eclipse DD, Eclipse 5.3, 4x6 Shooter, SEF 10x12 (white), SEF 6x8
White's DFX w/D2, Eclipse 950, SEF 10x12 (black), Sun Ray DX-1
Bounty Hunter Platinum w/stock coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger - 10", 8", 4" coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche diggers
White's TRX

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 10, 2017 07:05AM
My Lesche needs some glue too........ thanks for the GG tip. I was going to use super glue but I think GG would be a better choice. I think both manufactures should take the extra step with a dot of glue during manufacturing.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 13, 2017 06:43PM
I've used mine a few times already. The handle hasn't budged so far. I absolutely love this digger. Super comfortable handle and the hand guard always keeps the handle clean. I might like it more than my raptor which says a lot.

I hope you can get a permanent fix.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: James/Texas
Date: April 14, 2017 08:42AM
Remove the plastic grip from the handle and put one layer of black electrical tape on the digging tool handle, overlapping each turn by 1/2. Slide the plastic grip back on. You will be surprised how this simple trick makes the grip super secure. No more slipping!

Xp Deus

Fisher F75 DST

Fisher F19

Whites MX5

Minelab GoFind40

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: April 14, 2017 01:02PM
The same thing happened to my Lesche, and put GG on it and wore it out and handle never did come off. I just got a new one about a mo. ago and put it on it even if not loose, that way I know it come off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login