Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Used M6 or Treasurer Pro?
Posted by: Permit
Date: March 01, 2017 08:37AM
OK i am new but ready to jump in the water so to speak. Most of my hunting will be done on sand beaches. I really like the Treasurer Pro but when i saw a used M6 for sale at a good price i wondered which would serve my needs best. I am 60, pretty good with technology, but have not found much info on the M6, and my knowledge base is not deep enough to compare its older technology to the newer of the Pro. Help is needed................

Re: Used M6 or Treasurer Pro?
Posted by: slingshot
Date: March 01, 2017 10:05AM
Tough. The M6 is tried, tested, and proved and you can lock the groundtrac. That having been said, the Treasure Pro has features similar to my MX5- which I really enjoy. Then you have the warranty thing which is nice to have. The 2 AA batteries is a nice feature. Follow your hunch.

Posted by: coinjumper
Date: March 01, 2017 11:59AM
Because of the adjustability I'd choose the treasure pro. I have an m6 and mx5 and enjoy the 5 more one reason because of that and I like the tones more. I'm sure you'll get more different opinions. But continue to research and good luck.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 01, 2017 11:59AM
If weight is a problem go with the TP but the M6 is hard to beat for a stripped down MXT.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: March 02, 2017 01:21AM
The M6 is a great beach detector. The treasure Pro more of a beginners unit.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: March 02, 2017 02:45PM
No better single frequency detector for beaches than the M6.........brilliant on the wet sand.

Posted by: voorhees231
Date: March 08, 2017 03:50AM
And the coil option are much better for the M6!

Whites V3i, MX Sport, M6, 10" DD, 9.5, 5.3 Concentric. Whites TRX, Detector Pro Pistol Probe. Oldest Coin 1854 Seated Dime.

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: March 08, 2017 05:17AM
Hard to go wrong with an M6. It's built like a tank and has the same "guts" as the MXT, one of the best detectors ever made. Not just stripped down, but has the same performance just a few less bells and whistles. Much like a VX3 vs. a V3i, the same detector internally, just a few of the extra features disabled. For the M6 vs the MXT this would be no relic or prospecting modes, but the coin and jewelry mode has the same 7 tones as the MXT Pro.

Plus all the other M6-positive comments already made!

I've never used a Treasure Pro, but it is a low-end model that can't really compete with the M6.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro

Posted by: Hardrock65
Date: March 14, 2017 01:27AM
I've owned about 10 different machines in the last 15 years and I was sorry to let my M6 go, the M6 just feels like an old friend in your hands. I tried the treasure pro and it was a big let down vs previous detectors, (most were whites) can I be frank, I thought it was a piece of junk, wobbly shaft, cheaply made, not that deep, sorry just my 2 cents.

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: March 14, 2017 03:31AM
M6 is an mxt stuck in coin/jewelry mode. I've had one and know it's probably one of best White's has made

Posted by: ohiogal
Date: March 18, 2017 05:46PM
I will also say that the M6 is one of the best ever made by Whites. Solid and true.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: March 18, 2017 08:35PM
Yep without a doubt, I would go for the M6. Great machine, great coil selection.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: Albert
Date: March 19, 2017 02:03PM
M-6 all the way. Mine is still going strong after 6 years.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: March 19, 2017 02:40PM
Hardrock65
I've owned about 10 different machines in the last 15 years and I was sorry to let my M6 go, the M6 just feels like an old friend in your hands. I tried the treasure pro and it was a big let down vs previous detectors, (most were whites) can I be frank, I thought it was a piece of junk, wobbly shaft, cheaply made, not that deep, sorry just my 2 cents.

Ya I kinda agree with you. The Treasure Pro/Master or what ever they call them, place 3 coins 3 inches apart from each other and sweep over them.....you get one tone. The machine I played with could not get an individual beep on each target, instead just gave one tone across all three. Between those 2 machines, the M6 is by far a better choice for so many reasons.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: nam1969
Date: April 22, 2017 03:20PM
M 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login