Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
underwater whites V3i
Posted by: AQUADET
Date: March 02, 2017 10:46AM
Hello!
I live in Ukraine. Last year, he remade into an underwater metal detector. The electronic board of the device before sealing were stitched version 2.02, eeprom chip made removable.
Detector immersed under water up to 6 meters. that would make the same - download ready project file for CNC machine in the description below the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maKswOJK0mE&t=25s

Re: underwater whites V3i
Posted by: John, in Nawth Carolina
Date: March 02, 2017 07:25PM
You'd be much better off with an MX Sport.

Using what I can afford since 1976

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: March 02, 2017 09:27PM
That's a very cool mod. Well done!

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by: ArizFlash
Date: March 03, 2017 08:19PM
Great modification. Lots of thought in the design.

What connectors are being used for the coil and headphone?

What is the weight? Guessing 2.25 kg?

Date: March 07, 2017 11:08AM
Hello! Details on the video, as well as on the nuances of the assembly will soon be published.

Posted by: Old California
Date: March 07, 2017 11:25PM
Extremely good workmanship, appreciate you sharing.

Thanks!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: March 10, 2017 02:44PM
Posted by: iw1abj
Date: April 02, 2017 03:27AM
поздоровлення
Ви можете зробити таку зміну в стару білої XLT MD, щоб отримати його, ви повинні бути хорошою електроніка технології фахівець, як ви, українці, тепер у мене є 81 років, у мене немає в електронних дослідженнях, на щастя, вже так багато користі, спасибі за відповідь мені
algerio.bergonzo@gmail.com
Algerio

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: April 02, 2017 07:26AM
John, in Nawth Carolina

How did you come to that conclusion?

When he made this mod the MX Sport was not available and his is waterproof twice as deep, has three frequencies, color display and vastly more adaptable to programming for water hunting. Many more choices for coils and the list just just keeps going and going.

I think White's should be listening to this guy.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: barbecued scallops
Date: April 19, 2017 06:56AM
That is excellent...it's really too bad there are so many top end detectors that can't handle the water, since hunting water is the undisputed best way to find jewelry...what a shame. Do this with the TDI pro and I will be really jealous!

Posted by: chappy(IN)
Date: April 30, 2017 01:36AM
Larry (IL)
John, in Nawth Carolina

How did you come to that conclusion?

When he made this mod the MX Sport was not available and his is waterproof twice as deep, has three frequencies, color display and vastly more adaptable to programming for water hunting. Many more choices for coils and the list just just keeps going and going.

I think White's should be listening to this guy.

I don't think White's will listen. I sent them an email long time ago an basically told me it won't happen. I think a waterproof V3i would be assume machine.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 30, 2017 10:24AM
Whites inner sanctum Only listens to each other. "WE are the greatest".!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 30, 2017 10:51AM
I don't think they will listen either, they seem to be set in their ways. IMHO, one of their best discriminating water hunters was the Beach Hunter ID and that was a waterproof simplified DFX. :shrug:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: April 30, 2017 11:16AM
I have the Beach Hunter, one of the best Water detectors ever made. Just wish I could change coils> Larry if I could get a splitter will the DFX coils work on the Beach Hunter? flintstone

Date: April 30, 2017 01:47PM
I don't know how a splitter will help you, from what I remember, the coil is hard wired to the PCB through a waterproof seal. I have heard of Whites service replacing the coil by request though. If you are handy with a soldering iron, I suppose you can install a waterproof inline connector and add the connector to the coils.... :shrug: but that seems like a lot of trouble to me. If I went back to water hunting, I would get the older 950 model and go at it...... :biggrin:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login