Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
White's Quantum XT
Posted by: Skyhawk
Date: March 05, 2017 07:39PM
I have a chance to buy this machine for $95.00. I am fairly new to detecting and have read this is a great machine but rather hard to operate. I have a lot of patience so I'm not too worried about that. Just wondering if it would be good for deep coins and relics. Thanks for any advice.

Re: White's Quantum XT
Posted by: coinjumper
Date: March 06, 2017 04:20PM
A steal at $95, a good but kinda quirky to navigate for me, I'd definitely buy it for that price!

Posted by: pulltab
Date: April 16, 2017 02:17PM
that was my first "real detector" liked but bought a XLT and sold the QXT to my buddy still his main machine and he loves it.

Posted by: donl98632
Date: April 16, 2017 06:35PM
Definitely worth buying at that price, they still bring twice that or more on line. I still have one that I use regularly and they are not that difficult to set up.

Posted by: JJdigs
Date: April 17, 2017 08:00PM
That's a great deal...I just paid $170 for one that is mint ! There great machines. And In my eyes just as good as any new machine out there. Just give it some time and you will find Loot !

Posted by: gravityrulz
Date: April 20, 2017 05:11PM
Agree, that's a great deal. I had a QXT for a while. It's built well and nicely balanced and offers a good bit of user settings, including the ability to assign tones to the 8 categories, and has a unique 'target sizing' feature that I liked. It can use the Whites 6.59 Khz coils, same as the Classic III, Classic ID, Classic IDX, XLT, and a number of other machines so you have a range of coil sizes available. Some of the complaints frankly don't matter much at this price point but they are: (1) target sizing and performance are more sensitive to sweep speed than some other machines, (2) No Target ID number, just 8 categories (that's going from memory), (3) Tone ID isn't useful for targets past 5-6 inches in depth, (4) audio has an odd 'honking goose' tonal quality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login