Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
IDX Pro
Posted by: DonM
Date: April 06, 2017 02:58PM
I just picked up a closet queen IDX Pro (I guess you can call this an MXT light)...I can't believe how much lighter this feels compared to the MXT Pro and V3i that I previously had (it only weighs 3 1/2 pounds) . I know that it does not have the bells and whistles of the other 2 and it probably does not go as deep but I am impressed with the build quality and the fact that it is a simple turn on and go detector. This is one well built detector that will be great for park and tot lot hunting....looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Re: IDX Pro
Posted by: JJdigs
Date: April 06, 2017 09:33PM
One of my favorite machines for sure. It has found me some nice treasures !

Posted by: Hombre
Date: April 06, 2017 11:16PM
The IDX Pro is deep if the Ground Balance is set just a touch positive and Sens. maxed out. The 6½" BullsEye coil is a perfect match for this machine, but you will probably have to adjust the GB which is located under the made in America sticker.

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 07, 2017 01:12AM
It's a mini pot on the circuit board - there is a small hole in the case under the sticker - turn the adjustment with a non conducting micro screw driver a tiny fraction to adjust it. Clockwise for positive c/c for negative. Don't go overboard on any adjustment amount.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Mega
Date: April 07, 2017 06:52AM
I will be taking my IDX Pro out tonight and over the weekend using the 950 coil,one of my local permissions has just had 150 acres of his land ploughed/rolled and seeded so have a clock ticking against me with a 3 week window till the crops are about 3-4'' high,then wont be allowed on till harvest time.

The IDX may not be the deepest machine that i own,but its one of the nicest always gives me great pleasure when i swing this detector as the discrimination is superb and on this one site it does have some trash but the biggest problem is with coke from when they use too do steam ploughing 100+ years ago and they emptied the boilers onto the ground and of course this causes problems with detectors.

I have never bothered with the manual GB feature as this machine works just fine and as the old saying goes 'if it ain't broke dont fix it',it may improve the performance slightly but i mainly use the 950 coil and on really trashy sites the small coil.

For a old machine its still a real joy to use and you wont miss much finds wise with a IDX Pro for sure.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: April 07, 2017 10:48AM
Mega, the Ground Balence is there for a reason, if you do not use this feature, it will be operating sub par. Just my very experienced point of view on the operation of the IDX Pro, I'm sure you like to run your other detectors at peak performance, why not the IDX Pro?

Posted by: Mega
Date: April 07, 2017 01:00PM
Hombre
Mega, the Ground Balence is there for a reason, if you do not use this feature, it will be operating sub par. Just my very experienced point of view on the operation of the IDX Pro, I'm sure you like to run your other detectors at peak performance, why not the IDX Pro?

Randy,you are of course correct to get maximum performance out of a machine they need fine tuning ie manual GB in this case,if i am out for a complete days or weekend detecting session then of course i would take one of my main every day use machine,the IDX Pro as good as it i mainly use on say a nice summers evening if i am out just for a couple of hours and switch on without a care in the world,just enjoying the simplicity of detecting at its best and also the wildlife and scenery.And it dont get much better than that a pleasant evenings chilled out.

But if i am on one of my best say roman sites then the detector that i am using on that day will be finally tuned for sure :wink:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: April 07, 2017 05:39PM
what ever,,,, never mind:shrug:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login