Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
"Waterproofness?"
Posted by: kraykepler
Date: May 06, 2017 09:31PM
Hi,
I have just acquired an MX Sport. I understand that the adapter to the quarter inch headphone jack is not going
to be waterproof. What I'm wondering is, what does it take to be able to submerge my machine as well as dig at the same time? I'm

Re: "Waterproofness?"
Date: May 07, 2017 05:41AM
Do I need the waterproof headphones in order to completely submerge the machine?

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: May 07, 2017 06:10AM
I don't think you actually need the headphones. There's a cap that you can use to keep the water out. Did one come with the detector?

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: May 08, 2017 07:30PM
I've got the cap. When I get and then use the adapter though, I'm reading that it's not waterproof.
So do I need the waterproof headphones if I'm going to play in the rain? Or drop it in the ocean?

Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: May 08, 2017 08:17PM
The rain isn't a problem, I wouldn't worry about that at all. I think with the adapter everything but the headphones would be fine in the ocean, but I could be wrong, maybe someone could clarify?

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: May 09, 2017 06:34AM
kraykepler
I've got the cap. When I get and then use the adapter though, I'm reading that it's not waterproof.
So do I need the waterproof headphones if I'm going to play in the rain? Or drop it in the ocean?
You should be fine in the water and rain with the cap on, no phones. You should definitely use the waterproof setup if you WANTED to use headphones while water hunting or in the rain. If it were me, I would go waterproof headphones in the rain just to be on the safe side.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * VX3* Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: May 09, 2017 07:25PM
OK; gotcha. Seems as if the WProof headphones should be standard equipment then.
I'm not Jacques Cousteau though; no complaints!!

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: May 12, 2017 04:33PM
Get Plasti dip and coat the connection several inches either side of the actual connection. I did it and baptized my sport in the Atlantic ocean then hunted several hours after it dries. As long as you don't submerge the headset it will work fine all the way up to your neck

Posted by: tboykin
Date: May 12, 2017 05:24PM
kraykepler
OK; gotcha. Seems as if the WProof headphones should be standard equipment then.
I'm not Jacques Cousteau though; no complaints!!

I like this idea!

Social Media Guy @ White's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login