Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whites 4x6 coil in trash
Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: June 12, 2017 06:27AM
I hunted a trashy park with my 4x6 attached to my MXT pro and was getting a lot of mixed signals thinking that the coil would cut through and unmask some silver coins. I was getting nothing but iron and clad coins all day. Depth was at max 5 inches on all signals. Meanwhile my friend using his Minelab with a 6 in DD coil was wiping me off with all the silvers including a King George large cent. Should I change to a concentric to get better results?

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Re: Whites 4x6 coil in trash
Posted by: Hombre
Date: June 12, 2017 06:37PM
Try the Eclipse 5.3, it actually measures 6½"in diameter, it's a great little concentric coil...it separates well and is deep. I say this because it is all I ever use on my MX5 and has nabbed 8" deep silver dimes in my mild Kansas soil.

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Posted by: Mega
Date: June 12, 2017 08:39PM
The 5.3 coil would also get my vote as well,i use one on my DFX on really trashy sites,pinpoints well,nice and light and just a very good all round coil,also use on on my IDX Pro.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: June 13, 2017 05:24AM
I'm trying to trade my 4x6 to get a 5.3.

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 25, 2017 12:44PM
Was he beating you on depth or separation? I can't imagine it would be separation.

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: June 25, 2017 09:20PM
Were you running in all metal mode Dirt Lizzard? Where did you have your descrimanation set?

Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 27, 2017 09:50AM
Left us in the dark.:shrug:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login