Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
In need of QXT instruction:drool:
Posted by: coinspader
Date: October 20, 2017 12:39PM
I have been out a few times with my QXT and I am wondering if I am running it right, I have read Critterhunter's post and I am using his suggested settings and I am finding coins but my question is on the deeper targets I am getting a faint high tone but the display is bouncing from coin to low metal and from low metal to coin, should I be digging these targets? Sincerely a QXT newbie. :confused:

Re: In need of QXT instruction:drool:
Posted by: Ohio Coinhunter
Date: October 20, 2017 04:35PM
Yes! The trick when you get a small high tone mixed with different IDs on the meter is to narrow the swing and sweep quickly over the target and try to pull a high tone out. Sweep only a few inches back and forth and at different angles. Watch the rolling bar graph and see if you get 2 bars consistently. When in doubt dig!

Posted by: Ohio Coinhunter
Date: October 20, 2017 04:40PM
Remember to give this detector time to learn it. Those high peeps with ground or iron IDs can be coins next to iron. The rolling graph is what to watch. Remember this detector is fast and it gives you the ability to pull good targets mixed with iron or with trash.

Posted by: coinspader
Date: October 20, 2017 06:27PM
I will try that out, It will take some time to learn QXT 's language but I am hell bent on learning it. :detecting:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login