Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: White's MX7 Info
Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: October 27, 2017 10:23PM
I think what you'll see is an upgraded MX5 running at 15 kHz, and changes to answer some of the things users made negitive comments about on the forums such as the head phone jack location on the MX5. Similar to how upgrades were made to one of the most popular detectors on the market. Instead of calling it an MX5 Max Whites is calling it an MX7.

Posted by: JEF
Date: October 28, 2017 06:28PM
No thanks, I,ll just keep my MX5. I already have all the eclipse coils that I need for it. It looks like the MX7 uses the MXSport coils, so I would have to buy all new coils for it. I really like the MX5 and I think it was Whites best buy for the money. Great performance at a decent price. Too bad they discontinued it.

Corvallis, OR
Club: Beaver State Coinshooters

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Whites MX7 ordered
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: October 28, 2017 09:51PM
I agree with you JEF, I still really like my MX5. The suppend mode is wonderful to have while digging a target, especially during competition hunts. Many people say you can't lock the ground balance, but it does lock in pin point mode. Even the owners manuel states you can use pin point mode as a search mode but I never have. All metal mode is great on the MX5 in many locactions. Hope the MX7 has an all metal mode that's as good as or better than the MX5.

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 30, 2017 03:53PM
Now.......what about the new flagship. That's what I thought this was going to be (or is there even going to be a new flagship?). Anxiously awaiting good news.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: slingshot
Date: October 31, 2017 10:25AM
If it's better than my MX5, it should be a doozy!

Date: November 02, 2017 05:59PM
Well, I guess I lied. I went and ordered a MX7. I am still keeping my MX5, however. The MX7 appears to be a MXSport on the MX5 platform. So the weight and balance should be the same as the MX5. The main thing that I did not like about the MXSport that I had and sold was the weight and balance. Otherwise, I liked it but I could only swing it for a short time.

Corvallis, OR

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Whites MX7 ordered
Tesoro Sand Shark

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 02, 2017 11:47PM
This should sum it up:

.............................................Whites MX7.......................Whites MX Sport
Detector Type.......................ground detector.................ground and underwater detector
Technology...........................VLF Single Frequency.......VLF Single Frequency
Number of Frequencies.......1.........................................1
Frequencies.........................13.9 kHz.............................13.9 kHz
Discrimination.......................Adjustable..........................Adjustable
Target Id (VDI)......................Yes, 0-99............................Yes, 0-99
Target Id Segments...............20.......................................20
Programmable Target Id........Yes.....................................Yes
Search Modes .......................7.........................................7
Search Mode Types...............All Metal, Beach,................All Metal, Beach
...............................................Coin / Jewelry, High...........Coin / Jewelry, High
...............................................Trash, Prospecting,............Trash, Prospecting,
...............................................Relics..................................Relics
Ground Balance.....................Automatic, Fixed.................Automatic, Fixed
Threshold...............................Adjustable...........................Adjustable
Pinpoint Mode........................Yes......................................Yes
Audio Tones...........................Yes, 20................................Yes, 20
Volume Control.......................Yes......................................Yes
Battery Type............................8 AA....................................8 AA
Battery Life (hr).......................20+ Hours...........................20+ Hours
Display Type...........................LCD.....................................LCD
Backlit Display.........................Yes......................................Yes
Depth Indication......................Yes......................................Yes
Interchangeable Headphones.Yes......................................Yes
Headphone Jack.....................1/4″......................................1/4″
Adjustable Shaft......................Yes......................................Yes
Assembled Length Min (in)......41........................................45
Assembled Length Max (in).....50........................................55
Arm Rest..................................Adjustable...........................Adjustable
Arm Rest Strap........................Yes.......................................Yes

Posted by: steve herschbach
Date: November 03, 2017 11:08AM
Neither of the screens shown in the last post are accurate. They are pre-production mockups that are displayed all over the place but the actual screens changed in production.

Here is the White's MX Sport...

and the White's MX7...

The screens are identical. This can be confirmed by watching any video of the actual detectors in use.

Minelab GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, Equinox 800; Garrett ATX; Makro Gold Racer; White's V3i/Bigfoot; Garrett Carrot; Sun Ray Pro Gold

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 03, 2017 12:41PM
steve herschbach
Neither of the screens shown in the last post are accurate. They are pre-production mockups that are displayed all over the place but the actual screens changed in production.

Here is the White's MX Sport...

and the White's MX7...

The screens are identical. This can be confirmed by watching any video of the actual detectors in use.

Thanks for sharing that Steve. I guess the point all along was that the screens are identical :thumbup:

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: November 04, 2017 07:53PM
Does that mean the Sport is Black and the 7 is Orange. Great upgrade but I prefer the Black.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: November 04, 2017 08:17PM
Since I worked at Oregon State University for 30+ years, and a OSU beavers fan, I like the orange and black colors. :clapping:

Corvallis, OR

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Whites MX7 ordered
Tesoro Sand Shark

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: November 04, 2017 10:07PM
So what is the MX7 ?? is it just an MX Sport minus the waterproofing ?? I'm curious to see what they come out with. I wish they would offer a smaller than 7" coil as an option. I hunt 99% of the time in iron/rusted tin infested ghost town, old sites. So far I haven't seen a machine yet that will top a Nokta/Makro with the small coil in those conditions. I think the MX7 might have the potential, but give it a small coil, a 5" round concentric or DD, but give a small coil as an option. Sometimes I wonder about Whites, having to have their coils made in Bulgaria and what not........I hope they are not another company withering away at the vine....................

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: poorman
Date: November 05, 2017 11:53AM
I think we can call it an Economy MX Sport.......You know, like the M6 is to the MXT.

Posted by: jalon
Date: November 07, 2017 09:42AM
That's exactly what it is! Comes standard with a 9" concentric coil.

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: November 07, 2017 11:20AM
poorman
I think we can call it an Economy MX Sport.......You know, like the M6 is to the MXT.

Looking at the specs, I think it might be more like a MX Sport with all the adjustments and performance, just not waterproof and with the old plastic (and cheaper) battery housing from the MX5. So really just a physical redesign but the same circuitry and operation as the MX Sport. I only wish it came with the Spider-style 9" concentric rather than the flying saucer 950, or even better the 6x10 DD.

It's a "real" detector with real power and capability, well above the TreasurePro series. With the guts of a MX Sport but lighter and better balance, and at around $500 street price, the MX7 ought to be a real hit.

I'm a huge fan of the MXT-derived detectors and am glad to see White's further developing them with this new model. The *only* thing besides a different stock coil that I wish it had, would be a proper trigger switch instead of the push button on the front panel. My thumb gets sore pretty quick with the push button style pinpoint switch.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Enjoying this great hobby since 1980

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 11:22AM by Wayfarer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login