Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Garrett Ace 350 Testing on Video
Posted by: earthsurfer
Date: September 24, 2010 04:13PM
I got my 350 on Wednesday and have been doing some indoor testing with some coins and miscellaneous items. So far it seems pretty accurate depth-wise on the clad US coins I have tried. It looks like its detection limits are right around 8 inches at the standard sensitivity.

I have only had it out in the field a couple of hours, but so far I am seeing similar results to the indoor tests below. The coil makes it really easy to pinpoint the coins, even in wet sand. They are almost always dead-center in the second hole in front of the mount. Other items like foil, rebar, bits of steel, etc. are more varied in depth and location.

US Coins and some junk:

Foreign coins and jewelry:

A simple demonstration of the detection pattern of the coil:

Enjoy,
- EarthSurfer

Thanks a lot of people are waiting for some news:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 24, 2010 07:41PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Thanks that was great.Thanks for taking your time and doing the test:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 24, 2010 07:49PM

thanks for the test very interesting:canadaflag:N/T
Posted by: jeff@middlesex
Date: September 24, 2010 08:51PM

Re: Garrett Ace 350 Testing on Video
Posted by: Mick in Dubbo
Date: September 24, 2010 11:14PM
Thanks for taking the time to put the video together and posting it Earthsurfer. It gave me the info I needed in regards to the DD coil.:thumbup:
Mick Evans.

Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: September 26, 2010 10:06AM
that belltone is the reason I sold the garretts detectors that I owned in the past. just not something I wanna hear when passing the coil over a coin.

Posted by: iggy
Date: September 27, 2010 12:23AM
Thanks for the air tests. If you notice the different signals using the new DD coil.
In your test you changed angles and speed. I think some future videos would be nice in where is the sweet spot of the coil and at what depth/distance.
No matter what everyone will be learning how th DD coil works better than the mono coils

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login