Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: January 17, 2012 12:40PM
It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, GTI, GTP, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect.

I guess I'll start...........

A RN Specializing With Hip & Knee Replacement Rehab Therapy......

Been an RN for about 20 years. Prior to that I flew hot air balloons for a living for about 5 years, prior to that property management and prior to that an environmental education to hopefully become a conservation officer for wildlife protection, but as is sometimes the case, things don't always turn out as planned. I have a lovely (only) wife of 24 years marriage, 4 & kids.

Life's been good!

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: jst2kool
Date: January 17, 2012 01:10PM
Im a public school bus driver.

Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter Platinum with 11" DD coil,Bounty Hunter Time Ranger,Garrett Pro- pointer, Lesche digger. Garrett Edge Digger.

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: Sailorman
Date: January 17, 2012 03:07PM
Let's seeee......

Did two enlistments in the USAF.
Made custom knives for a living.
Did my time and became a journeyman wooden boat shipwright.
Handled the maintenance for a small fleet of charter boats in the Caribbean.
Owned a small boatyard.
Worked full time on a wood lathe making "art" for galleries.
Currently own a business making wood and plastic parts and components for other shops with a CNC flat bed router and also make technical furniture for the broadcast industry.

Been living aboard a boat for 16 years and cruised a bit in the states for six years.

Been married 30 years, one son who has the boat he was raised on, we're on #2. He's still out there.

Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher Gold Bug 2, 2 Pro Pointers and a probe rod.

Posted by: McDave
Date: January 17, 2012 04:34PM
I have an AT Pro on the way as I write. Does that count? :biggrin:

I am in charge of maintenance for the Cook Housing Authority (HUD) ... which consists of two 24 unit apartment buildings and 12 duplexes. I am married with 4 children ranging in age from 5 to 17. My hobbies are metal detecting, coin & bottle collecting, ice fishing, been a semi-pro guitar player for 28 years. Took up the banjo this winter. Wishing it was spring :cry:

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Posted by: jensman86
Date: January 17, 2012 10:30PM
Steel making :csflag::super:

Posted by: Hank68
Date: January 18, 2012 03:35AM
Served in the Marines, work in the electical field sales and service and in a gospel band. Put my wife through nursing school and starting to slow down a bit! Semper Fi!

Posted by: Orion42
Date: January 18, 2012 02:49PM
Former machinist and industrial electrician.
Former SCUBA instructor.
Enjoy making fishing lures.

John

Posted by: widebody
Date: January 18, 2012 07:58PM
Started with 4 yrs. in the U.S.M.C. got out and work a couple of yrs. in wood handling eguipment, dry kilns.
Drove city transit busses for 6.5 yrs. then went into the maintance dept and learned to fix the busses. that lasted almost ten yrs. blew my shoulders out so they let me go into the parts dept. was there for 17.5 yrs. then retired.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

Posted by: Nirros
Date: January 18, 2012 08:53PM
I am a disabled fireman. 17 yrs. on the job and stepped on a hose....had surgury developed RSD in my legs. Can walk too long and cant wear shoes but I can dig!

Posted by: Joel-Winnipeg
Date: January 18, 2012 09:43PM
Metal detected since 1968
Some University
Started work for city
Last position foreman in sign shop for
city fabrication of all signs related to
traffic control did that for 30 years
Retired at 51 got serious about detecting
Currently paint ( artist ) sell art as prints
and cards via gallery and craft sales.
Currently have 10 detectors the AT PRO
being one of them. 1944 magic date

We act as though comfort and luxury
were the chief requirements of life
when all we need to make us really happy
is something to be enthusiastic about.
___ Charles Kingsley___

Posted by: Steve missouri
Date: January 20, 2012 12:25AM
Retired fire Lt.municipal Fire Dept 25 years, EMT-Paramedic 43 years (still licensed), normal work week 90 to 100 hrs per week. National Guard Medical Sgt 6 years, one of the founders of a Rural Volunteer Fire Dept, Cave Explorer, Rock climber, Metal Detecting off & on 35 years, intensely last twenty years. Currently retired (will be 70 on the 24th of January), have two Daughters,five grandchildren,two great grandchildren they tend to keep me busy most of the time, looking forward to spring, Evan though I have been hunting over the last 2-3 months HH Steve

Posted by: 1ringedingy
Date: January 20, 2012 07:05AM
Prior to the last election, I was a System Administrator. Since Obama became president, I am now a professional US Taxpayer.

Ray

Posted by: hotrodzincoln
Date: January 21, 2012 11:02AM
Hazmat, currently. That's where I've used the Fisher two box metal detector - to find old underground leaking fuel tanks and the connecting pipes. Been in hazmat for 28 years although I'm mostly in the administrative end now, sitting at a desk. Previously, I was an agricultural loan officer, a pesticide applicator, and a down hole mineral logger for a coal mine. Been playing the guitar since I was eight - I won't say how long ago that was. I play for my church band, gotta show those younguns that are my band mates how to rock.:super:

On a walkabout with my Australian Kelpie, Red Dog

Posted by: NJgeoman
Date: January 21, 2012 02:28PM
1976 to present -- :wiggle: Geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey

Posted by: hipshote28
Date: January 22, 2012 10:06AM
Im Cold War Vet in germany on border near sonnenberg when wall came down at 4am 1000 yds away .Work in waco tx City Of Waco parks an rec as an equipment operator for 14 yrs 15 in may .Been hunting 10 yrs have a daughter 11 yrs old which you might see out dirt fishing with me some .I was with the 2/2 acr 7 corp out of bamberg west germany echo troop mortar man

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login