Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: January 11, 2013 09:35PM
I drive this for a living

Jewelry Hunting The Sports fields & Beach's here in Long Beach ca,

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: 396nova
Date: January 17, 2013 09:07PM
Flipped burgers, as a teen, at the Red Barn.
Delivery driver for an Electrical Parts Supplier.
Construction Electrician.
Retired, starting March 1st, 2013.
10+ years MD.
Car and Truck Restorations.

Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin

Minelab CTX3030 __ 6" Smart Coil __ Minelab Explorer SE Pro __ Minelab Pro Find 25
Garrett AT Pro __ 4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil __ 5" X 8" DD Coil __ 9" X 12" Concentric Coil __Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger __ 4" Gold Nugget Coil

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: January 18, 2013 07:32AM
Hey John-Edmonton - small world - I've had both hips replaced. first one at age 47, the other at 49. Retired as of 9/1/12 after more than 35 years in computers with the State of CT Office of the Comptroller. Mainframe operator, senior operator, operations supervisor, application security officer, the last 7 years as a technical analyst for PC's & networking issues. Loved my work and the people I worked with. Three major abdominal surgeries since July 2012 factored into my retirement decision. Started detecting July 1986 with a Whites 6000 Di Pro. I'm healthy now "on the mend" and looking forward to detecting adventures with my friends & step son.

HH-Bruce

The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.
Current Arsenal = V3i - (U13", 10"D2', 6 x 10", 950 concentric, 12" concentric, 12 x 10" SEF, 5.3 Eclipse); Fisher F75 LTD SE, Surf PI Pro w/DF coil, Sea Hunter MK2 - both coils, Sovereign GT - WOT monster, Fisher CZ21 - 10", Excal 2 - 10" GGA's, remote PP; Garrett AT Pro - U13", 8.5" x 11", 5" x 8" & GGA phones.
Digging goodies since 1986.

Posted by: Highplainsprospectors
Date: January 22, 2013 11:48AM
Entrepreneur here...I decided to do what I love. Opened a dog boarding kennel called The Pet Ranch in Olathe, KS and then a metal detecting and prospecting supply shop in Overland Park, KS called High Plains Prospectors. Got a YouTube Channel and a blog. Selling pet products and metal detectors online. A bit of consulting here and there. My goal is to "cash-in on my passion" with whatever I do. Find something you love and figure out a way to make money at it. Puppies and prospecting. What else could a guy want?!?!? :) Feel free to check out our website at www.highplainsprospectors.com

I will try to help anyone out with any questions and contribute to the forum! Glad to be here.

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: January 22, 2013 07:16PM
i thought the Red Barn was a local hamburger place in Owensboro,Ky.

Posted by: HotRock
Date: January 24, 2013 11:17AM
Hi Gang, I've been following this web site for a few years and decided I'd join up (One doesn't want to rush into these things, ha.).
I have a wide variety of interests. I am recently retired this year and I have been a soldier, lumberjack, mainframe-computer technician, avionics technician and certified counselor with a focus on community counseling with a special interest in end-of-life issues. Whew!

I have a general interest in all things metal detecting, but focus on coin shooting, gold-nugget hunting, and beach hunting when I can get to a lake or ocean. I have a Garrett Sea Hunter II that I press into all-around duty. I am a ham radio operator as well and I like to combine both activities if I can.

Finally, I also promote home defense ensured by superior firepower.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all, especially those who have an intractable case of gold fever like I do! Good luck to all you folks. ~HR

Posted by: Nats
Date: January 27, 2013 05:30AM
Hi all
Well iam a retired semi driver for Wonder Bread.I got out of the truck 4 yrs ago and i dont miss it at all. I just got my Garrett 350 friday the 25th of Jan. and its still in the box. Its cold in northern Ill. Iam looking forward to getting it out. I live in Galena ill. and there is so much history around here . I didnt know thta 9 civil war genrals came from this town and thats pretty cool. Anyway iam not sure what iam doing but i hope i can figure it out . Iam also looking to meet a few people and iam going to try to get to Kty. or Tenn. and go look for some civil war stuff. So if any of you guys want to drag me along for a day or 2 that would be fun. I guess thats all i have to say i get a little windy when i get the chance you know talk to much lol. So good luck .
Stan

Posted by: Southwind
Date: January 27, 2013 06:52AM
First jobs included driving farm equipment during harvest and roller skating carhop at Sonic Drive In. Played music for 20 years which led me to computers. Been a Network Administrator for the local hospital for going on 20 years now.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: rickgudnason
Date: February 08, 2013 07:47PM
I'm new to this, always wanted to do it... Today was my first day with my Garrett ACE 250. I found .16 (cents) and a metal caster wheel.. hahaha
I was a US Navy Hospital Corpsman for 4 years.
Then a cop in the Detroit area for 16 years
Then moved to Texas and opened a quick print shop for 7 years
Then managed a Scuba store and taught Scuba
Then went to Continental Airlines as a International Flight planner, for 23 years.
When United did a hostile takeover of Continental and moved to Chicago, I retired... I had enough of the cold and crime in Detroit.
About 11 years ago, I was diagnosed with Mutiple Sclerosis and I have COPD from smoking all these years (of course)
But, it wasn't too bad today. Getting up and down is a bit of a problem, but I think I can continue it.
Besides this, I like to fish and I take motorcycle trips on my Goldwing. (20,000 miles/20 states so far)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 07:49PM by rickgudnason.

Posted by: freightdawg747
Date: February 15, 2013 04:16PM
Airline Pilot...

F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000. Detecting since since 1981 ( with a Sears Whites).

Posted by: bpasero
Date: February 19, 2013 03:22AM
I'm brand new to this intriguing hobby (so new that my Ace 350 hasn't even been delivered yet). I am retired after 33 years in law enforcement (retired police chief). I now write travel columns and ride motorcycles. I figured that the three hobbies would go well together. Touring on the M/C, then writing about the places I visit, and metal detecting while there. Not looking to make a killing or get rich just looking to have fun and add a new hobby to the ones I already have. Ha Ha Ha.

Posted by: Ladderco6
Date: February 23, 2013 07:02PM
12 years working as Manager of a large municipal wastewater treatment facility in Ct. Before that, operations manager for a private rubbish hauling company and front load driver for 15 years. Married for 15 years to my beautiful wife and have a 3 year old daughter that wants to metal detect with dad and drive race cars as soon as she can! Life's great! I have wanted to MD since I was a kid, but just ordered my first unit, a Garrett AT Pro last week. Looking forward to getting out as soon as the snow melts and putting all the great advice I've been given from all the kind people here on this forum to use. I hope to meet some of you soon! Good luck detecting to all!

Posted by: bradsdad
Date: March 11, 2013 08:00PM
CNC Milling center programmer, G and M code

Posted by: MIsilverseeker
Date: March 18, 2013 06:49PM
Hi John! I owned a small trucking company with trucks leased to a company contracted to Caterpillar, so I've delivered Cat parts to Finning there on 170th many times. Love your city. Miss seeing the folks at the West Edmonton Truck Stop on 118th. Good hunting! Roger

Posted by: rglyons
Date: March 23, 2013 07:19PM
Retired accountant/office manager for a corporation.

Volunteer EMT Ambulance ~ 10 years.

Boy Scout Scoutmaster (Way back)

TOP THREE BEST FINDS IN 30 YEARS OF HUNTING

Confederate Belt Buckle
$2000 Diamond Engagement Ring (for a client)
$800 Gold Masonic Ring

(Coinmaster 6000 Di definitly paid for itself! ~ now if my Ace 250 will just do the same)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login