Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Batteries???
Posted by: Oakman404
Date: February 05, 2012 06:17PM
My brother in law pulled out a tester he has and tested our batteries. Most over the counter batteries tested right around 1.5 but I had a couple test around 1.6 and my fully recharged batteries tested @ 1.41? Does the difference in battery output effect the performance of say, my 1350? Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?:garrett:

Oakman
GTP 1350
Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Batteries???
Posted by: Waterdog
Date: February 06, 2012 11:40PM
I used to use the rechargeables on my 1350 and it worked fine. I know it even has a setting for rechageables. My rechargeable batteries quit so now I get alkalines at the Dollar store. They seem to recharge a little will not in use.

Posted by: Sailorman
Date: February 07, 2012 04:27AM
There's going to be a little difference between batteries of the shelf. Those are within normal range. Rechargeable do have a slightly lower voltage, also normal. Most DC electronics handle a fairly wide voltage range and the difference won't be a problem. There are a few that don't like rechargeable but the manufacturers are usually right up front about it.

Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher Gold Bug 2, 2 Pro Pointers and a probe rod.

Posted by: William-NM
Date: February 07, 2012 10:26AM
The next generation rechargeables are pretty nice. They're referred to low self-discharge (LSD), as they will hold most of their charge (around 75%) for 3 years. I've switched over to them in my AT Pro and really like them, they also seem to last about half-again as long as name brand alkalines (there are different ratings, some are rated 2000mah and have a life expectancy of 1500 recharges, others are rated 2700mah with a life expectancy of 1000 recharges. If you're interested in them, take a look at the Sanyo Eneloop, Sony CycleEnergy and tthe affordable Chinese knock-offs, Tenergy. I got mine on Amazon (got some of each to test, can't tell the difference yet). I liked the Sony charger (4 discrete charging circuits, so you can charge any combo...), so I got it with 4 of their CycleEnergys. No perceptible performance hit on the machine that I can notice, I switch out when they get down to one bar.

William in Sunny SW New Mexico
Garrett AT Gold & AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointers, Lesche & Fiskar's Diggers, Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, ASUS Tablet (Great Topos!)
To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: I believe in luck, and the more I dig, the luckier I get.
note to self: It's only a hobby, It's only a hobby, It's only a ....

Posted by: Oakman404
Date: February 07, 2012 02:55PM
They sound good Willaim. I'll look into them!:garrett:

Oakman
GTP 1350
Garrett Pro Pointer

Posted by: pickard
Date: February 17, 2012 08:19PM
If you lookup AA sizw nickel zinc batteries on ebay you will find they are recharagable at 2800mah at 1.6V !!!
I have tested them with my ace 250 and they go forever (> 60hrs) on a charge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login