Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CORS coil for Garrett CX
Posted by: straker
Date: June 27, 2017 02:07PM
I was wondering if anyone ever purchased or uses one of these coils?
CORS Fortune 9.5"x5.5” DD Search Coil for Garrett Master Hunter CX Detector.

Re: CORS coil for Garrett CX
Date: June 29, 2017 10:52AM
Over 100 views and no feedback? Doesn't anyone here want to 'pimp' their big box CX or Grand Master Hunters with new coils or lighter battery conversions? Evidently not.

Posted by: dan h
Date: June 30, 2017 08:01PM
I have the CD Plus, rarely use it but it is a keeper. Will make do with factory coils and battery holder.

Posted by: dan h
Date: June 30, 2017 08:03PM
Computer Express not CD!

Date: June 30, 2017 09:01PM
The battery conversion I'm talking about is using hollow C cell battery spacers that you can shove a AA battery inside. You can do this with the 6 C cell battery trays as the contacts are cone shaped and make excellent contact. I use lithium batteries for extended battery life.
The standard concentric 8.5" crossfire is okay,but I thought the new CORS DD coil can get in between trash better and not prone to masking. The verdict is out on that coil as I don't have it yet. I just want to modernize these big box plastic green machines,because the are worth keeping. I have both the original Grand Master Hunter made in 1988 and CX III pre-power master.

Date: July 06, 2017 05:47PM
Decided to sell my Garretts and move on. No longer interested in what the great charlie clone Canucklehead has to say...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login