Welcome! Log In Register
Thinking of a new detector.
Posted by: jensman86
Date: September 04, 2017 08:36PM
I'm thinking of buying a new detector I'm looking at
#1 the At pro
#2 tecnetics patriot
#3 whites mx sport
Any suggestions on which is the best one? I started out dead set on the At pro but after hours on YouTube and some not so great reviews I've about changed my mind.
Any info or opinions would be helpful.

Re: Thinking of a new detector.
Posted by: Architex
Date: September 04, 2017 09:32PM
AT Pro has probably sold the most units.

Patriot is a very good detector if it's strong points suit your detecting location and style.

MX Sport is a good detector and probably has the best factory support.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: September 05, 2017 06:56PM
At Pro, everything & water proof to 10 feet.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: September 06, 2017 06:08AM
What did you learn in those videos on u-tube that made you change your mind? Never used the MX or Patriot but have used the AT Pro extensively. In a nutshell the AT Pro is a great light-weight machine, easy to setup, awesome ability to find goodies in iron-infested sites and has excellent separation abilities.

jensman86
I'm thinking of buying a new detector I'm looking at
#1 the At pro
#2 tecnetics patriot
#3 whites mx sport
Any suggestions on which is the best one? I started out dead set on the At pro but after hours on YouTube and some not so great reviews I've about changed my mind.
Any info or opinions would be helpful.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: jensman86
Date: September 06, 2017 07:20AM
I saw a video where a guy tested the At pro and the patriot side by side and the depth and target separation on the patriot was a lot better than the At pro. With that being said I've always been a Garrett fan but from what I saw in the video I can't hardly justify the extra $ 150.00 for At pro. Later when I get time I will try to post a link to the video.

Posted by: dan b
Date: September 07, 2017 07:33PM
How's that Patriot going to work out for you in the water?

Remember, the guy that made that video is a teknetics dealer. It's not exactly an unbiased comparison.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 07:35PM by dan b.

:canadaflag:Re: Thinking of a new detector.
Posted by: Leslie(nova scotia)
Date: September 10, 2017 06:19AM
Good luck and be one with your machine whichever one you chose. All have their strong and weak points. Warranty...think of that!

Posted by: bowser
Date: September 18, 2017 01:52PM
call Dennjs atMETALDETECTORS.COM for great prices on new detectors and accessaries

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login