Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sea hunter on dry land?
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: October 20, 2017 09:39AM
Has anyone used this detector for something like relic hunting? I know it's made for water hunting, just wanted to know if someone has tried it. If so how did it work? From what I can see, it don't have a ground balance for doing it manually. Surely someone has tried it. I don't mean coin hunting in a trashy park, i already know the answer to that. Just want to know if you have used on dry land and how it worked, thanks.

Re: Sea hunter on dry land?
Posted by: dan h
Date: October 20, 2017 02:04PM
Sea Hunter 2 in total lots works ok. Have not tried it in lawn areas.

Date: October 20, 2017 05:04PM
On the Garrett web site, it says you can coin, relic and cache hunt with it. But was highly recommended for beach and water hunting. I guess it has a preset ground balance, so just wondered if it would work ok for relics away from water.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: October 20, 2017 05:21PM
Few of us use the Infinium on dry land. Sea Hunter is similar. So if not to trashy, why not?

Posted by: IntoTheWild1995
Date: October 20, 2017 07:39PM
I had the Sea hunter a great machine on sand dry/wet and underwater, i did cool detecting underwater in river it work like a charm. I really like this detector but for reason of budget i needed to sell it to buy a land detector and i will for sure buy it back in beginning of summer for diving.
I want to say yes you can detect on land but the down side is that there is no discrimination etc. That is why i sold it but yes you can and you will get great depth, i tried it on land and it goes deep. The problem as i said is that you will dig all the metals. Hope i hekped you a bit.

Date: October 20, 2017 08:22PM
Can you ground balance your infinium? I don't think you can the Sea hunter, just wondering if it would matter or not.

Date: October 20, 2017 08:30PM
Double thanks, Intothewild.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: October 21, 2017 04:43AM
JJames1610
Can you ground balance your infinium? I don't think you can the Sea hunter, just wondering if it would matter or not.

Yep, the Infinium can be ground balanced. And quite well.
When I first got it , before learning the tones, I dug a bucket of iron a couple of times. Not anymore.

Date: October 21, 2017 07:46AM
Thanks

Yes And Yes!:detecting:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: October 21, 2017 03:45PM
I have used the Infinium relic hunting in the hunted out woods. "Low-High" signal got me a nice, somewhat flattened silver thimble. I took out the ATX a few years ago....some scenario "low-high" signal and out came a nice token from 1908. The PI detectors work, and work well in the right locations....and hunted out areas are one of those places. :)

Here's the token......

Date: October 21, 2017 09:17PM
I found out the Infinium has a ground balance. Will it matter that the Sea Hunter does Not? On dry land, and using it for relic hunting?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2017 09:18PM by JJames1610.

Posted by: Fishers Ghost
Date: October 25, 2017 06:33AM
You can use the Sea Hunter on dry land but because it has Time Delay set /optimised for salt-water beaches you will find that the detector will respond to some iron mineralisation and so it can be usable but noisy on mineralised dry land areas. If you run in Discrete Elimination mode some iron minerals can be quietened but detection depth is significantly reduced. The Infinium is much better over dry land iron mineralised areas and can also be set to run very well over salt beaches but this tecta has a bit of a learning curve..The Sea Hunter is a hassle free beach metal detector..

Date: October 25, 2017 09:25AM
That helps, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login