Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
how to use a Garrett-A.D.S. VLF\TR deepseeker
Posted by: eileen
Date: August 23, 2008 06:57AM
I have a Garrett-A.D.S. VLF\TR deepseeker, I have the operating instructions, but I'm new to metal detecting and the instructions are tooo confusing!!! I was also wondering, (1) does it go in water (2) how deep does it go (3) where would I set it to find gold??? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU

Re: how to use a Garrett-A.D.S. VLF\TR deepseeker
Posted by: slingshot
Date: August 23, 2008 10:53AM
If it's the Groundhog model you have a special 71/2" that makes it possible to tell a lot about iron in the a/m mode. Iron targets have a long sound and coins a more pointed sound. Also, in that time period reverse discrimination was possible and that was the purpose of the toggle switch -to toggle between all metal and disc. mode. You would find your target in all metal, pinpoint it, then drop the center of the coil on that spot. Now, you would toggle into disc. mode (usually some low setting-bottlecap, ie.) without moving the coil. This not only placed it in the new mode,but also set the threshold at it's maximum setting. Now you move the coil to the right or left of the target. If it goes silent-dig! If it sounds off it's probably trash. This method made it possible to attain greater depths than just using a regular tr discriminator.:smoke:

Posted by: Joel-Winnipeg
Date: August 23, 2008 11:22AM
I'm reading a book lately that may help you to know more on this detector..
Name of the book is..

Detector owner's Field Manual by Roy Lagal
It's put out by Ram Books based out of Dallas Texas
The last publication was 1982 previously 1976 1978 1979 1981
I 'm using the public library's publication..
Very extensive info on where and how to find gold with detectors..
Would likely be out of publication now..
The type of detector that you have seems the one to use in the gold bearing location.

We act as though comfort and luxury
were the chief requirements of life
when all we need to make us really happy
is something to be enthusiastic about.
___ Charles Kingsley___

Posted by: Uncle Willy
Date: August 24, 2008 12:38AM
Now you really confused him. :smile:

Bill

Posted by: Uncle Willy
Date: August 24, 2008 12:48AM
That detector is a little long in the tooth and hasn't been produced in decades and it certainly isn't one for a person to learn detecting with as it's technology is antiquated You need to start out with something simpler to understand and operate. The only part you can put in the water is the coil. There are no settings for gold. If you're hunting real gold you need a gold detector. Depth depends on what you are hunting and where. Detectors do not perform the same everywhere due to different soil conditions. If you want some help you might contact Melinda Harper at Garrett Email her at melinda.harper@garrett.com

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login