Findmall.com

Technology Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Barracuda-White's Coil CombO??:shrug:
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: May 28, 2011 08:45AM
CJC mentions this Mod in his latest post and I was wondering what the ramifications are to such a combination.

CJ

Re: Barracuda-White's Coil CombO??:shrug:
Posted by: cjc
Date: July 06, 2011 08:52AM
This is a very impressive detector despite how old the design is. Mod was done by Jim Pugh himself (inbetween hunts) and solves the ongoing problems I've had with the stock coils gradually taking on water through the heat-shrink seals. With the mod it's very stable and deeper still. Also Jim tweaked the optimization on this one to be very hot on gold so that most of what it hits cleanly is in that range (tabs, high- foils, nickels...). I think that part of the reason that it's so stable is because it's 9V. and doesn't overwhelm the matrix. I've found stuff with it going in behind machines that were 12V with larger coils. Just getting an Ikalite plug put on some GG's that will bring the audio up as well. I strongly recommend that anyone with a 'Cuda give these mods a try--it's as good as any P.I on the market.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 08:55AM by cjc.

Posted by: Cupajo
Date: July 06, 2011 11:28AM
Many thanks for the info Clive!

Now I know what to look for,

CJ

Posted by: dr.jare
Date: December 17, 2011 04:15AM
Hi cjc. You own the instruction manual and tips on use of Barracuda. Do you want to add here at this forum? Best regards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login