Findmall.com

Technology Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Rock Found with the DF
Posted by: cjc
Date: November 16, 2011 09:32AM
It's 78 points, 16.3 Grams 14k. An edge Dual Field find. (Scrubbing in the first "gully" in front of a steep draw). Appraisal came back at $5900, resale $1500 scrap $1000.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Re: Rock Found with the DF
Posted by: Gulf Hunter
Date: November 26, 2011 11:21PM
Not too trashy ya looter, I LIKE IT! My DF is at White's took a gulp of brine it seems.

Gulf Hunter

Posted by: Cupajo
Date: December 04, 2011 09:02PM
Gotta be very careful with the seal friend!

I never open the case unless I am in a controlled environment where I can clean and inspect the mating surfaces and be very sure the sucker is sealed tight!!!

Long wooden electronics cleaning Q-tips fron Radio Shack work very well along with a little alcohol to assure clean mating surfaces especially the grove where the seal rests.

As a plumbing repair-man I have learned what works and so far I've dodged the bullet.

Good luck to you Friend,

CJ

Posted by: Gulf Hunter
Date: January 01, 2012 07:14PM
White's covered the whole thing under my warranty. It was a defect at the pots that allowed the condensation to enter the control housing. Have had the unit out once since then and all SEEMS to be well. I WAS concerned that I was negligent regarding the case lid and the tech assured me that was not the case.

Cupajo
Gotta be very careful with the seal friend!

I never open the case unless I am in a controlled environment where I can clean and inspect the mating surfaces and be very sure the sucker is sealed tight!!!

Long wooden electronics cleaning Q-tips fron Radio Shack work very well along with a little alcohol to assure clean mating surfaces especially the grove where the seal rests.

As a plumbing repair-man I have learned what works and so far I've dodged the bullet.

Good luck to you Friend,

CJ

Gulf Hunter

Posted by: seahunter34
Date: January 07, 2012 04:44PM
About how deep?

Posted by: Cupajo
Date: January 08, 2012 08:04AM
It's Great that White's took care of the problem Friend!

I should have known you would "do it right" GH.

After all, few hunters have your savy of equipment or your experience to draw on.

The O-ring seal seems constructed of a naturally "tacky" materiel and White's warns not to lubricate it.

I remove mine each time I open the case and rinse it free of grit and dry with a paper towel before very carefully re-installing it.

So far so good!

All the best to you and Your Lady,

CJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2012 08:06AM by Cupajo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login