Findmall.com

Technology Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Coil size/ shape as it relates to depth
Posted by: Reg
Date: January 19, 2012 01:05AM
The TDI connector is a very common one since it basically is the same as that used on many CB's. So, they can be found at many electronic shops or on Ebay.

So, finding one should be easy.

On a different note, it is hard to believe the probe actually failed. I hope you didn't toss it away since it is possible it might be able to fix it.

Reg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 01:08AM by Reg.

Posted by: LongRanger
Date: January 19, 2012 01:05AM
Reg,

I checked the email that I have posted here,and it looks correct--so I don't know what went hay-wire. That sounds very good,I will check with mouser.

Thanyou very much,
David

Date: January 19, 2012 01:10AM
Yes,I have two very good electronics stores in my area--and I will take my detector into the store--and if they don't have it in stock,they will order it for me.

Thanks again,
David

Date: January 21, 2012 03:05PM
Reg,

I over-looked the probe part of your reply. I think I may have messed up the probe when I took it apart. But,I think it was kilt anyhow. I plan to use my Falcon Gold Tracker MD20,for my probe. I may try to repair the other one,some-where along the line.

Thanks,
David

Posted by: Reg
Date: January 21, 2012 10:18PM
The original GS probe was way superior to the Falcon as a probe. The Falcon has no depth, but the PI probe was good for several inches on a coin size target and as good as the PI coil or better on small gold.

I know, I gave my Falcon to my brother because I never used it.

Reg

Date: January 21, 2012 11:07PM
I forgot about the pulse induction factor. But,I'm more of a prospect-tater,anyway,than I am a coin-shooter. Doug Lenz showed me ore from a mine-dump,in the Slate Creek area(NorthCentral Washington)that no metal detector would read on--but the Falcon did. They brought some of the ore back,juat to use for testing various instruments.
In any case,I will see if I can re-habilitater Eric's old probe. I hope I ain't massa-creed it. Thanks for that valuable insight.

David

Posted by: parrott
Date: April 08, 2012 08:45PM
Reg... this was your last post, now to months ago... I hope you are okay... js

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login