Posted by: Sand dog
Date: July 04, 2016 01:24PM
Welcome back Eric. This is great news!

John

Re: I'm Back!
Posted by: TerryinHawaii
Date: July 04, 2016 01:43PM
Eric,

This really made my day to see your post! I am still using an Aquastar from time to time. It would be great if you could update the Aquastar in a lighter package with center mounted coils, etc.

Aloha, Terry

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 04, 2016 01:58PM
He started a thread over at Geotec about a Vallon mine detector he is experimenting with.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: below2doe
Date: July 04, 2016 08:01PM
Great to see you back Eric Alan Hassell and i had the first Aquasports in Australia. And my mate is still useing it . Great p.i.

All the best Regards R.H. below2doe.

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: July 05, 2016 04:52AM
Wow, I love that info about the Aquasports in Australia still working. Maybe I should let Dave Spencer rewire a coil and bone phone and go "old school". We could start a Aquasport forum,lol.

Eric, are you familiar with a AquaPulse mag prototype developed some time ago by Bob Williams in the UK. It works intermittently, knob possibly, Bob told Dave Spencer that no schematics exist for this prototype. Here's a deteiled link.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?34,2295159

Thanks,
ROBOCOP

Posted by: Eric Foster
Date: July 05, 2016 06:26AM
No, I had not seen that device before. The prototype is obviously using the Aquapulse housing but the electronics would be totally different. I believe it is a fluxgate magnetometer but without circuit information we are stuck.

Eric.

Date: July 05, 2016 08:14PM
That's what I was told by Bob and Dave. Thanks for the info.

ROBOCOP

Date: July 07, 2016 01:49PM
The launching of the Aquasport circa 1984

Eric.

Date: July 07, 2016 03:43PM
Great picture. My coil has gone yellow and the shaft has a bend in it (strong currents?) but I bet it could still work.

I also have a White's TDI and a Jimmy Sierra T- foot coil (18" x 5") and I'm getting a Minelab 18" mono coil for the GPX series to use on it. Any guess what kind of depth increase I can get say on a US nickle? Salt water beach detecting on the Treasure coast of Florida 1715 fleet. Another couple of inches can make a difference.

ROBOCOP

Posted by: Sven
Date: July 09, 2016 10:11AM
Good news!
Guess there's still too much creatively alive to share.
Remember you mentioning, you thought about maybe offering to design a kit for us do it yourselfers?

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

So good to know you are doing well
Posted by: david.di
Date: July 11, 2016 04:25AM
Looking forward any of your guidance and advice.
I have two of your detectors. A Deepstar 1 and a Goldscan 5c.
Thanks for creating these and the so many other great detectors and other products over the years.:beers:

david di

Date: July 11, 2016 03:58PM
Hi Terry.
It would be nice if I could find the time, and it's just a hobby now as I have no room for production. I have a water detector project in hand but completion is far off.

Eric.

Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: July 12, 2016 10:55AM
Hi Robocop

I'll be heading down your way very shortly. End of September/October. Although it wont be to metal detect. I needed to set that aside, body has too many worn parts.

Looking to purchase a house there, so I can escape the winter weather up here where I live. It's time to make the move. LOL

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: July 12, 2016 10:56AM
Hi Eric

How you been ? Been a long time that's for sure. Nice to see ya posting.

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 12, 2016 02:29PM
Speaking of being back.....

Welcome back Mr. Bill!!!

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login