Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: 1270--1266x =$?
Posted by: mwilliwood
Date: June 22, 2011 05:05PM
The 1266xb was the first new detector I owned and wish I could get it back!I thought at the time I was having problems with it(been detecting only a few yrs)come to find out should have left it alone, It had come from the factory tuned really hot, So pinpoint mode was not working correctly, so of coarse being a new detector wanted it working right, sent it in, but had a test patch out back, ended up making 4 additions to it just for the 1266, it was hitting a 3 ringer at over 19" in discriminate.Could not believe the depth! after getting it back, 10" was the best it would do, and of coarse pinpoint worked great- who needs pinpoint!Was so put out sold it the next week!Just would need to get someone to work on the tuning a bit I guess!

Posted by: reddirtfisher
Date: June 23, 2011 06:14PM
:cool: I had a 1266X but I it sold on Ebay on a "buy it now" within the 1st hour! The key to it's success was the double stacked sensitivity control. I could really get crazy with that especially on the beaches. A relic hunter who hunts the civil war battle areas bought mine. There will probably never be another machine like the 1266X. The only reason I sold it was because I am mainly a coin & jewelry hunter. I used the optional 5 inch coil all the time on mine. I am still sad that Fisher sold out to First Texico. That was so disappointing. HH :detecting:RDF

Posted by: oneton
Date: March 01, 2015 12:01PM
400$ is to high for the 1266,people my pay that but the 1270 is far better at 300? than the chatter box 1266

Posted by: andycush
Date: March 03, 2015 01:08AM
Hi wv62, ive just bought my second 1266 from a well known auction site (fleabay) for £150 uk:thumbup: which is very cheap here in the uk for the 1200 series, they normaly sell anywhere between £190-£280 and sometimes a little more because they are a popular machine for the Roman sites, i was on it within 5 minutes of it being listed buy it now £150 with free postage so im well happy:twodetecting:

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: March 03, 2015 09:21AM
andycush
Hi wv62, ive just bought my second 1266 from a well known auction site (fleabay) for £150 uk:thumbup: which is very cheap here in the uk for the 1200 series, they normaly sell anywhere between £190-£280 and sometimes a little more because they are a popular machine for the Roman sites, i was on it within 5 minutes of it being listed buy it now £150 with free postage so im well happy:twodetecting:
I'm not going to knock the 1266 I have one as well but I've not taking it metal detecting for a number of years, although whenever I'm planting a coin test garden it is likely to the one I would use to clear the bed of metallic trash. That said I guess I don't see why a detector model that's near 30 years old so popular? I mean I know that there is more modern units that will do what the 1266 does, I also have a Tesoro Tejon and if I go out with a beep & dig detector I would use the Tejon.
I know the 1200's are legendary among relic hunters but finding a current model that works as well at all metal hunting would pretty easy I would think. I don't ever see myself selling my 1266 just mainly because it was a gift from a neighbor friend, I do like the fact that the market demand for it keeps its value up, heck if the demand for it keeps going it won't be long before a working used one will be worth than they were when they were produced! heck, if you take in to consideration the value of the dollar and inflation they are now. I guess its good that people in the UK can buy them in the USA and resell them over there and make money.

Mark

Posted by: Woodchuck
Date: March 04, 2015 01:21AM
I picked up a real nice 1266X from Richard recently looks like it wasn't used much, my first for me. But I would much rather have a 1270X anybody want to trade LOL First thing I did was saran wrap the foam handle to keep it clean I'm funny that way about my detectors . Here is a few pics

Blocked from Classifieds. Unnecessary ranting of non-classified postings. Story telling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login