Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher Coinstrike
Posted by: 88junior
Date: June 13, 2014 08:38PM
I had to ask! LOL goodluck with your new machine I hope it works great for you on your coins.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: June 17, 2014 02:42PM
I had my C$ out again the other day at our city park and although I had some trouble with the Sun-Ray CS-5 coil connector and it took me a bit to figure it out, then I just switched to the stock coil and all was well.
On this hunt one of my brothers was using his F5 which I like, but I did find something out about target ID, some machines just ID some things better. Case in point, in our park those aluminum screw caps are everywhere, well after digging a few of them I noticed that with the C$ they were falling around the 22-24 range so that's somewhere between Zinc's and copper pennies/Dimes. Well, earlier we were hunting a little more spread out but towards evening we moved a bit closer to each other, close enough to where if one of us hit a target the other could come check it with their detector. My brother has this target and ask me to come over and check it with the C$ (he had the F5) so I do and I ask him what the F5 ID it as? he replies its a penny/dime, I swing the C$ over it and it lands on 23-24 and it wasn't that deep, maybe 4". I told him it was a screw cap and my call would have been to not dig it! he dug it and it was a aluminum screw cap, we did this several times in about an hours time. The one thing that fooled both are machines was a crushed aluminum can at like 5", they read as either a Penny or a quarter at like 1" but they are pretty easy to figure out when the target isn't there for the pinpointer to hit when its supposed to be less than an inch deep.

So, I was surprised to find that the C$ did so well on ID'ing those aluminum screw caps, I was just as surprised that the F5 didn't do so good with them, although other than the caps the F5's ID is really pretty good.

Oh, by the way, the lady that owned that watch replied back stating she would like to have it back, I just wish I was be able to return it in better usable condition.

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 02:45PM by MarkCZ.

Date: June 18, 2014 12:59AM
Well that's good to hear Mark glad she's getting her watch back that's what this hobby is all about. Did she tell you the story behind her losing it? I ended up getting a Fisher ID Excel off a guy on this forum looks like a decent machine. I am looking forward to testing it out in my coin garden.

Fisher1265x 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: June 18, 2014 12:17PM
88junior
Well that's good to hear Mark glad she's getting her watch back that's what this hobby is all about. Did she tell you the story behind her losing it? I ended up getting a Fisher ID Excel off a guy on this forum looks like a decent machine. I am looking forward to testing it out in my coin garden.

Well I haven't spoke with here yet, the only contact is what my wife got as a reply on a Facebook message stating she would like to have it back, I just hope she doesn't have the idea that the watch is usable or even wearable, I means its not gold and its been in the ground sense the mid 80's. The plan so far is one day when were out is to just drop it off at her State Farm agency. Maybe she'll be happy to get it for a keepsake with a bit of an unusual history for a watch LoL! And there may be a bit of a story to what was going on in the park the day she lost it?

Mark

Posted by: E.V.
Date: June 24, 2014 11:06PM
I sold my CoinStrike It drove me nuts.Discrimination was a joke. It you want to dig everything I guess it would be suitable. MANY good signals (tone and meter) were junk.Worst detector I ever tried to use and I,ve been relic hunting since 1962 I do have an Excel which is a lightweight excellent detector. I have a 1260 1265 1266 1270. All are great detectors as are my Wilsons and my MXT

Date: June 24, 2014 11:11PM
Thanks for your insight E.V I have a Excel on the way to me.

Fisher1265x 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: July 17, 2014 06:27PM
The C$ was my first ever detector, it was a lot to handle for a newbie. I found a lot of stuff with it, and in my soil is was a very deep machine. Now, almost seven years later, I've learned a lot about detecting. I'd love to try another one, as I feel I could take advantage of it with a better overall understanding of metal detecting in general. I should mention that one of the biggest obsticales I encountered with my C$, as I was mainly hunting withing the SF Bay Area, was that it was easily taken down by EMI. One time I was hunting this demo, found an area that was loaded with wheatbacks, and had found about twenty or so, and then at 6PM on the dot, something came on in the area, and the machine was a mess. Numbers spewing every which way, as well as the audio. Had this happen to me several times, it was a real bummer, as you were basically done unless you cranked down the gain a LOT.

I realized after selling it, that all the time I was groundbalancing it wrong, I was pumping the coil vs doing the correct ground grab. Geesh, probably would've done even better had the thing been properly ground balanced :detecting: Although I almost always used the auto ground tracking, so perhaps it corrected itself?

At any rate, would love to get my hands on another one, I've seen them come up on the cheap!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 06:30PM by Cal_Cobra.

Posted by: oneton
Date: August 03, 2014 06:18PM
COINSTRIKE ALL THE WAY, ITS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THE NEW COMPUTER MODELS AT A FRACTION OF A PRICE AND EASY TO LEARN A KILLER ON DEEP COINS HERE IN LOUISIANA I FIND COINS 10-12 INCH DEEP WITH IT . X TERRA 70,CZ-3D,COINSTRIKE INFACT I LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ONE IF YA'LL KNOW OF A COINSTRIKE THAT IS IN( NEW SHAPE) I WANT IT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2014 06:20PM by oneton.

Posted by: cookie58
Date: July 04, 2015 09:06AM
Jabo. Can you use the ID edge coils with the C$? Thanks....D.

Posted by: wvrick
Date: August 03, 2015 06:32AM
Even though I have other detectors I still use the C$ more than anything else, I love weight and it works great. I got my brother to get one a few years ago, it's his one and only.

Current Detectors: :minelab: CTX3030 w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP 3030 version :fisher: Fisher CoinStrike w/ 8" & 6" coils w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP :garrett: AT Pro
Recovery: :garrett: Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche Tools, A.M. Leonard Soil Knife,Lesche Sampson T-handle shovel, STAVR Evroexcavator 2V.33, Dacor dive equipment
Past Detectors: :minelab: Minelab E-trac, Explorer XS, :garrett: Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Sea Hunter (Diving) :whites: Whites V3i, DFX, 5000 ser 2, 6000 ser.3 and 6000 ser.3 HM, :fisher: Fisher CZ7a-Pro, F2,Tesoro T/R.

Detecting since the 70's with my Father, and before with my Uncle in Florida on 1715 treasure fleet in the mid-60's with a vintage modified mine detector (vacuum tube type). First detector ever used was a Whites Goldmaster S63 (also vac tube) mid-60's.

"Retired and hunting" Future resident of Myrtle Beach!

Posted by: cookie58
Date: August 04, 2015 09:08PM
I just got a C$ recently. It seems to work just fine. Thinking about sending it back to Fisher to be checked before they quit working on them. Does anyone have any idea as far as cost?????Thanks.....D.

Date: August 05, 2015 05:30AM
I'd give them a call and ask how much it would be to have a check up done on it.

Fisher1265x 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer

Posted by: Rick62
Date: December 24, 2015 11:23AM
Rusty nails give all of my detectors a problem if they are deep from my Fisher Coin$trike , Garrett GTI 2500 , my minelab X-Terra 70 and my Whites TDI all respond to the rusty nail as if it were a coin !! The only detector that really rejects them really well is my old Garrett GTAX 400 it is just a turn on and go with less features than a Bounty Hunter , but it rejects iron targets no matter what !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login