Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1226x stopped working
Posted by: Nomad NJ
Date: December 02, 2014 05:09PM
My first detector a 1226x just stopped working. The batteries are fine. It started for a while and just stopped working. Any suggestions.

Re: 1226x stopped working
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: December 02, 2014 08:13PM
Nomad NJ
My first detector a 1226x just stopped working. The batteries are fine. It started for a while and just stopped working. Any suggestions.

Yes! I have a 1266 that would just stop working and what I found out was one of the wires inside the coil connector (one on the coils cable) was broken lose. With the metal collar pulled back on the connector I was able to mark the color to pin number and I just snipped all of the wires and re-soldered them and its been fine ever sense. But, at the time I didn't think that a wire in the connector would kill a detector and I don't think it really did, but with no power indicator and no response to anything it just seemed dead.
Check your coil connector.
Also, check ALL the battery contacts and connections.

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Re: 1226x stopped working
Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: December 02, 2014 10:25PM
On my last 1266x I had, it did the same thing. Sometimes it would come on and then go totally dead.
A call to Fisher for a new off/on switch cured my problem. I'm thinking the new switch was about 6.00.
I think with age the power switch gets worn out or all funky inside and shorts out. This may not be your problem, but sure sounds like the problem I had with my 1266x......HH

Roger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login