Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
555D Question
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: January 10, 2015 06:08PM
Were there more then 1 coil, stock, for this detector...Have had mine going on 3 years and have yet seen another size for sale...

Re: 555D Question
Posted by: skookum
Date: January 10, 2015 08:43PM
Hi,
Apparently they only came with the 8" coil
Vintage 1979 / 1980
http://www.treasurelinx.com/uploads/FSH197980cat.pdf
Hope that helps
hh
skookum

Whites XLT , Whites Classic III Plus , Fisher 1270
Blue Max 950, Bullseye 5.3 and 4 inch Sniper coil coils for the Whites
10,5 - 8 - 5 inch coils for the 1270
Tesoro Compadre with 2 Disc. controls , manual Ground and Sens setting - Coil connected via plug
Whites Surf PI Pro
Hammerhead PI
Garrett Pro Pointer

*** The only detector that can truly tell trash from treasure is a shovel ***

Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: January 11, 2015 02:47AM
skookum
Hi,
Apparently they only came with the 8" coil
Vintage 1979 / 1980
http://www.treasurelinx.com/uploads/FSH197980cat.pdf
Hope that helps
hh
skookum
................Yes it does, thank you.

Posted by: shooter
Date: January 11, 2015 09:27PM
Yes Happy they did I have one and still use it.I bought it when it first came out and it was on a U-shaped handle which made it a little on the heavy side being with battery weight the size of the control box it came with a single 8 inch coil. I later purchased the 11 inch coil for and I also purchased the 8 inch solid fill coil for hunting and then I purchased from Fisher the hip mount kit which came with a handle support plates for the detector ends and neck and chest straps which took the weight offer your wrist an excellent and outstanding machine one of the best I've ever owned she will go deep. I mainly use it now for beach hunting in freshwater. Despite all the great features of all the newer detectors including my a 75, 555 is one of the most powerful ground canceling is very important the best trick with those detector is reverse discrimination, and watching needle fluctuation when the audio is unbearable that needle moves you dig it and it's got to be good. I still have the original owners manual if anybody still needs and I do get requests for it.

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: May 13, 2015 04:14PM
....I am a vintage metal detector Collector and I can tell you from experience that these older detectors do not show up very often and also most coin hunters of that time did Not buy the larger coil....so the larger coil is more RARE...So if it (the larger coil) shows up at all for sale, it is usually found with the detector!

Posted by: slingshot
Date: May 25, 2015 06:31PM
FWIW, this is the detector that won the FIRST annual Treasure Hunt Competition. First prize was a nice pickup. I was fortunate to be there.

Posted by: BigZ696
Date: July 01, 2015 09:03PM
Hello. I am new to the site. My first time. I see there is much knowledge on these pages. I have a question about the VLF 555-D. ON the end of the U-handle there is a toggle switch . I think up is tr and down is VLF. Not sure. But the reason I am here is I need that switch. Any help I'm this matter would be appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login