Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Metal detector tune up
Posted by: michael NY
Date: January 22, 2015 11:46AM
I hunt with an older machine the Coinstrike it runs as it should, but was curious how much does Fisher charge for a general tune up ?I know the face plate is scratched I would replace it. It's my go to machine.

Thanks Michael

Re: Metal detector tune up
Posted by: SYL
Date: January 23, 2015 09:32AM
Not sure how much the tune-up would be, but I recently sent in a Los Banos model for hardware repair on the control box and it was around 50 dollars, i'm assuming it includes return shipping. Haven't got it back yet but so far so good. Call them and talk to Felix, he is helpful and organized.

Posted by: shooter
Date: January 23, 2015 08:57PM
Mike sent my 1265X in last year for a tune-up plus replace the headphone jack which broke apart and to replace the battery box cover and replace the outer control box which that I supplied and the bill was $98.00.Call Fisher and ask to speak to Felix, Phone: 1-800-685-5050 he'll take care of you. Should get my F-75 Back tomorrow if the snow doesn't screw it up.

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

thank you I call tommorowN/T
Date: January 23, 2015 09:00PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: thank you I call tommorow
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: January 24, 2015 07:48AM
Also, I'm not sure if the C$ actually has any tune-able electronics inside! all of the vintage analog models did, but the newer more digital models don't.

Mark

Re: thank you I call tommorow
Posted by: trojdor
Date: January 27, 2015 11:41PM
Mark is correct.
If you call and ask about a C$ tuneup, they'll tell you there's nothing to adjust on the C$ as it's all digital.

At least that's what they told me last Friday when I asked the same question!

:)
mike

Date: February 04, 2015 12:16PM
Thanks for the help,I spoke with a teck and there are parts available for the Coinstrike my faceplate is scratched up and asked about just. General check up of the machine, the cost is reasonable no work will be done until my approval. a few other things have a priority now but soon as weather is better Off to fisher it Will go!

Michael

Posted by: proudreb
Date: February 20, 2015 11:12AM
Shooter: What is the turn around time for Fisher?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login