Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Guess I'm a weirdo. While everyone else is rushing off to the races, I bought my CoinStrike back :blink:
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: February 10, 2015 10:31PM
I can't help it, that is one detector that lives up to it's name. Coin$trike.

Speaking of names.....does anyone miss the names....QuickSilver.......Coin$trike......Gold$trike..... That's what I like about the Tek series, those have names to go with the numbers. I think I'll coin names for any of my units that only have a number for a name, like the F5 "GoldQuest", or the F19 Buttonaire , or the F75 "Iron King" or something.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it back. It was a factory refurbished model that I bought from Mr Bill, then sold to fund another purchase. Looks like they kept it as good as I sold it, so that is a plus. Getting all the coils back too. Only thing not coming back to me are the lower and middle rods I had on the coils.

I'll probably be posting about it. In my minerals, it hold coins in the non-ferrous region longer than any other unit I've ever tried.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: Guess I'm a weirdo. While everyone else is rushing off to the races, I bought my CoinStrike back :blink:
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: February 11, 2015 09:01AM
Mike, I still have a C$ but I don't think its as good as my first one, but I've not used it as much either. I know the one I have now is more sensitive to getting the ground balance right. The one I have now I bought off Mr.Bill, is was a new unit with warranty if First Texas would still honor it, its still has a couple of years of warranty left on it. I really liked my first C$.

Mark

Re: Guess I'm a weirdo. While everyone else is rushing off to the races, I bought my CoinStrike back :blink:
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 11, 2015 10:11AM
Hi:

I found more deep Indian Head Pennies with a C$trike than any other detector I ever used... It liked Silver dimes too....

Plus I was fond of the ground tracking abilities.....Wish I had kept mine ...

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: oneton
Date: February 13, 2015 08:56PM
Mike, your coinstrike is on its way I sent it off this evening.

Posted by: oneton
Date: February 13, 2015 09:04PM
Mike, I also have a 1121 cz3d in the same shape as the cs if you know anyone who needs one it has been in my gunsafe for the last 7 years. NEW CONDITION but the coil wire has a couple splits and its not from use because this cz has not been used more than a dozen times in its life I believe its the crappy material that fisher used at that time but the coil has no wear at all.

Posted by: jabbo
Date: February 14, 2015 05:03PM
I sold both of my CoinStrikes and bought a new X-Terra 705 last April. The CoinStrikes were decent detectors but the X-Terra is somewhat deeper and most importantly it ID's deep coins better, my best detector yet. I was using the 10 inch 3KHZ coil when I found my first ever silver bust coin, 1820 dime, about 6" to 8" deep in a river sand bar. It gave a decent high tone mostly and I'm sure the dime was not laying flat. I really liked the Coin$trikes and had a lot of fun with them but at my age now I don't need 3 detectors. Jabbo

X-Terra 705. Garrett CXII. Compadre. Central New Jersey.

Adds in "Todays Finds Forum"

Posted by: DigFella
Date: February 17, 2015 01:02PM
Not wierd at all :) The best number lock on a coin of any TID unit I've tried. I knew a large cent was a 31 from every sweep :)

Posted by: littlebigman
Date: May 30, 2015 08:26AM
I still have my Coin$trike and Gold$trike and own a X-Terra 70 but my Gold$trike hits deeper targets and smaller targets than my Minelab does so does my Green Machine Garrett GTI 2500 it goes much deeper than these detectors in all metal mode , it is heavier but I have used it so much it does not feel heavy anymore I am in my early 60's and I shoveled for 4 hours into my high banker and then did some metal detecting being a little older should not slow you down very much...

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 05, 2015 08:46PM
I tried to buy another GoldStrike with both coils off ebay last week but lost it. Shipping on the thing was 46.00 and I wasn't willing to go over $300 for it as that is about all I could ever resale it for when I need to sell it. Someone else was willing to go a little more :sad:

Maybe I'll catch the next one. I'm not in a hurry.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login