Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Warranty
Posted by: Nomad NJ
Date: February 14, 2015 12:37PM
I have a 1225X that stopped working. According to my manual I have a lifetime warranty. I sent an email to Fisher. Does anyone know if I am still covered.

Re: Warranty
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: February 14, 2015 12:58PM
Nomad NJ
I have a 1225X that stopped working. According to my manual I have a lifetime warranty. I sent an email to Fisher. Does anyone know if I am still covered.

No! First Texas does NOT honor the older Fisher warranties!
Its NOT covered, now its possible they may be able to repair it and they could for free but not due to any warranty, so, expect to pay for any repairs done to it.

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 01:00PM by MarkCZ.

Date: February 19, 2015 05:19AM
I contacted Fisher last week. I received a message to provide my serial number. I was informed that my unit was still under warranty. I would have to pay a $25 service and pay for shipping. But my unit being so old may not have the parts to fix it. I am not going to send it in and take a chance on it being repaired. I

Date: February 19, 2015 10:08AM
Nomad NJ
I contacted Fisher last week. I received a message to provide my serial number. I was informed that my unit was still under warranty. I would have to pay a $25 service and pay for shipping. But my unit being so old may not have the parts to fix it. I am not going to send it in and take a chance on it being repaired. I

What would be nice is to get 'Consistent' responses from the service department at First Texas! over the past few years on this forum the question about the lifetime warranty has come up before and when First Texas was contacted the answer was NO!
Mark

Date: February 19, 2015 04:52PM
I guess that I am lucky. I am not going to spend any more money on this machine.It paid for itself over the 1st years that I owned it.It was my first machine. I own a Tesoro vag which has a lifetime waranty which I hope is better than Fisher.
I

Date: February 19, 2015 08:40PM
Nomad NJ
I guess that I am lucky. I am not going to spend any more money on this machine.It paid for itself over the 1st years that I owned it.It was my first machine. I own a Tesoro vag which has a lifetime waranty which I hope is better than Fisher.
I
If you bought the Tesoro NEW! then the lifetime warranty is good!

Mark

Date: February 20, 2015 07:02PM
I did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login