Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
WHO WOULD DO REPAIRS ON A FISHER 1266-XB
Posted by: coinscratcher
Date: March 17, 2015 06:31PM
I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND THE PERSON SAID HE MADE SURE IT WORKED BEFORE HE SENT IT TO ME WELL I CAN'T GET IT TO TURN ON AND GIVE ME A SOUND. I HAVE TRIED AND TESTED EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER, IS THERE SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS THIS DETECTOR AND HOW TO GET IT GOING. THANK YOU

Re: WHO WOULD DO REPAIRS ON A FISHER 1266-XB
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: March 18, 2015 09:32AM
First take the coil connector housing apart and check that all the wires are connected and not shorted to each other.
For repairs of vintage detectors look to Keith Wills at brokendetectors dot com he is a guy who specializes in repairing vintage detectors.

Mark

Posted by: shooter
Date: March 18, 2015 06:44PM
Thats a real good call by Mark, Heard a lot of good things about Keith, Also Fisher did an awesome on my 1265X last year and it priced out about $95.00, replaced a bunch of stuff including the outer control box, machines like new.

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: June 20, 2015 03:20PM
I know someone who will help you and he is honest!!!!
cjm45@sudenlink.net

Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: June 21, 2015 09:40AM
Sorry wrong e.mail address: cjm45@suddenlink.net:closedeyes:

Posted by: supertraq
Date: October 22, 2015 08:07AM
Broke detectors.com

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Posted by: ETEXHunter
Date: October 23, 2015 09:05PM
One more thing you might check...plug in a set of headphones and see if you hear anything.

I had a unit the other day where the contacts in the headphone connector that normally connects the speaker to the board had a bit of corrosion on them and did not let the speaker work. A little contact cleaner in the headphone jack and the speaker came to life.

The battery contacts down in the bottom of the battery holder may also have some corrosion on them. Look down inside and make sure they are clean. Also be sure the battery holders themselves are making good contact down in the bottom of the case.

If none of that works...send it to Keith!

--JR

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: October 28, 2015 05:21PM
How 'bout www.brokendetector.com.

Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: November 04, 2015 05:33PM
Shenandoah Digger
How 'bout www.brokendetector.com.
That is Keith Wills

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 05, 2015 08:50AM
Fisher will turn it around in a week or so. Based on my three experiences with the broke detector.com, he will take a minimum of four months to service it.

Just my experience of course, others may have more recent data.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: ETEXHunter
Date: November 07, 2015 11:24AM
That was probably true a year or so ago, when he was out with some surgery and recovery. Currently the average turn-around seems to be in the two to three week range or better.

Call him and ask!

Posted by: JMT Detectors
Date: December 21, 2015 08:11PM
Keith also has a new technician working with him now. I've heard his technician is doing a very good job. Probably faster turn around....John

Findmall Sponsor

JMT Metal Detectors
John M. Tracy
7848 E. Wildwood Lane
Robinson, Illinois 62454
Phone: 618-554-0751
E-mail: tracy.j@mchsi.com
http://jmtmetaldetectors.com/

Posted by: dedhed
Date: April 01, 2016 04:17PM
It may sound stupid, but make sure the batteies are installed properly. Don't ask me how I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login