Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Have chance to hunt very old site.. Need C$ info...
Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 05, 2015 12:28AM
MarkCZ
After losing my job (they shut down the warehouse) money got tight (still is) so I cut back on my detectors and one by one the CS's went, then the Edge made its way back to Bill, so now I'm pretty lean on detectors.

Mark

Mark,
Sorry to hear about the job loss...similar thing happened to me. :(

(I'm going through my detectors now, trying to decide which ones I can live without.)

I may have inadvertently offended someone recently when they mentioned how much better the economy has gotten...and I laughed out loud at them.

Good luck, and HH!
mike

Posted by: cookie58
Date: July 05, 2015 08:09PM
I didn't thank you before Trojdor for your input. So, now, thanks to you also. I'm interested in the C$. I'm supposed to have one coming this week. There doesn't seem to be much written negative about this MD but it seems the coils are rare and hard to find. I presently own a Minelab XS(which is not made anymore), a Tesoro Tejon, and a TDI S/L. There are aftermarket coils available for each of those machines(even the out of production Minelab). Thanks....

Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 06, 2015 03:35AM
cookie58,

You're most welcome. :)
Looks like you've already got excellent taste in detectors.

All four have completely different 'personalities', and each have excellent strengths.

Good luck with your C$. Take your time to learn it's quirks. Some folk lose patience early...before they've truly figured it out.
However, since you've got a TDI, I suspect your patience level is just fine. :)

And search this forum for old C$ tips and advice...there's lots of good info.

:)
mike

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: July 06, 2015 09:33AM
"cookie58" a couple of the best tricks for starting out with the C$ is,

Don't use the preset coin program! unlike most presets that are mild beginner settings the C$ is to HOT!!

Don't overthink it! its really not that complicated.

Start out with settings like this,
Sensitivity = 75
Threshold = -15 to -20
Discrimination =99 (the discrimination @ 99 is still Iron only, you'll notice that the notch system starts out @ foil)

With my first C$ it didn't seem to matter if I ground balanced it in All-Metal or Discrimination mode, the second to get it right I had to do it in the All-Metal mode and then switch to Discrimination mode.

You don't have to swing it like your mowing grass, but the C$ does like a brisk sweep speed.

And a little warning!! the C$ really has to much volume for about any headphones with the volume control set to max!! it will blow your hears off.

I never found the memory banks much help seeing how the C$ keeps its last used settings except for ground balance.

Oh, the touch pad isn't an instant response! its a push and hold for a second or so.

Also, never use pliers to tighten the coil connector, but do make sure that its good and finger tight!! its also good from time to time to clean the connector pins and the threads on the connector because the C$ can be sensitive to poor connections, it also uses the connection at the screw ring for a ground, so if its not right when the C$ is turned on and it does the bootup coil circuit test the detector will just power back off.

HH

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Date: July 06, 2015 11:17AM
Thanks to you both. I may need for youall to answer a question from time to time. Thanks very much....D.

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: July 06, 2015 02:38PM
cookie58
Thanks to you both. I may need for youall to answer a question from time to time. Thanks very much....D.

One more thing,
The manual states the low battery warning to have wavering sound! its more like a telephone ring (old style real ring)

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Date: July 06, 2015 02:55PM
Okay. Thanks Mark. It should be here about Tuesday. Anxious to give it a try. This is my first Fisher. You fisher detectorists are real good to help. Thanks.....D.

Posted by: wvrick
Date: August 06, 2015 08:14AM
Just in case anyone needs a manual to the C$ here is a link. You might want to download it and save it, links go away sometimes. :surprised:

Coinstrike Manual Link

Current Detectors: :minelab: CTX3030 w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP 3030 version :fisher: Fisher CoinStrike w/ 8" & 6" coils w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP :garrett: AT Pro
Recovery: :garrett: Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche Tools, A.M. Leonard Soil Knife,Lesche Sampson T-handle shovel, STAVR Evroexcavator 2V.33, Dacor dive equipment
Past Detectors: :minelab: Minelab E-trac, Explorer XS, :garrett: Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Sea Hunter (Diving) :whites: Whites V3i, DFX, 5000 ser 2, 6000 ser.3 and 6000 ser.3 HM, :fisher: Fisher CZ7a-Pro, F2,Tesoro T/R.

Detecting since the 70's with my Father, and before with my Uncle in Florida on 1715 treasure fleet in the mid-60's with a vintage modified mine detector (vacuum tube type). First detector ever used was a Whites Goldmaster S63 (also vac tube) mid-60's.

"Retired and hunting" Future resident of Myrtle Beach!

Date: August 06, 2015 12:10PM
Thanks Rick. I had a manual which came with mine.You may already know but Fisher employee told me a little about dating the machines. If there were 5 digits in the bar code your machine would be in the 20yr old range, and if it had 8 digits it was somewhere in 10 yr old range. Probably already know, but just passing on.......Thanks.......D.

Date: August 19, 2015 02:04PM
Hello MarkCZ. I hope this doesn't show up twice. Anyway, I am trying to put a jumper on the ground of the ID edge coil to make it adaptable to the C$. I cannot tell which is the ground because of some black sealant the factory used. Can you tell me what number on the connector that the ground is hooked to. Thanks......Darrell.

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: August 22, 2015 05:39PM
not sure what you mean by a sweet spot for iron on the t-2. 10 gives you a extra boost on sensitivity, 40 knocks out all iron. I wouldn't want to be digging iron while looking for gold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login