Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Have chance to hunt very old site.. Need C$ info...
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: June 11, 2015 03:37PM
Hey guys I have opportunity to hunt a very old store site..will be using a C$ can anyone tell me what numbers and tone I should be looking for/using to find gold coins..many thanks. Joe

Re: Have chance to hunt very old site.. Need C$ info...
Posted by: JJdigs
Date: June 11, 2015 10:02PM
Just dig everything, that's where gold likes to hide. Every gold item I have dug I never expected it to be gold !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 10:03PM by JJdigs.

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: June 11, 2015 11:04PM
Here is a screen shot of the meter on a Teknetics 9000/B on many of the older models they showed the gold coin range as well as copper and silver.

Mark

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 12, 2015 07:47PM
CoinStrike likes round things. If there isn't too much iron, turn averaging on and dig anything that sticks to stable numbers. If there is a lot of iron, turn averaging off, and still look for those repeatables.

Forget a number range....if it sticks to stable numbers, its round.

Good luck,
HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Many thanks for all the good advice........N/T
Date: June 12, 2015 08:49PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

How did the hunt go?N/T
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 15, 2015 10:01AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****
*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Date: June 20, 2015 08:54PM
Hey Guys thanks for the C$ info ...has been to hot/humity here in Alabama to hit the old store site..was wondering if there was a known sweet spot for the C$ while hunting in iron sites.. for example on the t2 the sweet spot for iron is around 21 or 22 I think.....any info is appreciated....joe

Posted by: oneton
Date: June 22, 2015 12:21AM
I know what you mean with the heat it hit 95 today here in Louisiana detecting is the last thing on my mind.

Posted by: cookie58
Date: July 03, 2015 02:09PM
On the C$. Is there any replacement coils available? Thanks.......

Date: July 03, 2015 10:40PM
cookie58
On the C$. Is there any replacement coils available? Thanks.......
The only aftermarket that I know of was the Sun-Ray CS-5. Now if your looking to just replace a bad coil then finding one new may be a problem, I do see used ones on ebay from time to time, with a little modification at the coil connector you can use a coil from an ID-Edge too.

Mark

Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 04, 2015 02:22AM
MarkCZ
... with a little modification at the coil connector you can use a coil from an ID-Edge too.

Mark

Mark,
I believe you may have gotten that backwards. I'm pretty sure the ID-Edge coils work fine on a C$ without modification. It's the C$ coils that need the ground lifted to work on the ID Edge.
(Or, you can get the SunRay pinpointer, and it has a switch that lets you use either coil with either machine.)

mike

Date: July 04, 2015 09:00AM
trojdor
MarkCZ
... with a little modification at the coil connector you can use a coil from an ID-Edge too.

Mark

Mark,
I believe you may have gotten that backwards. I'm pretty sure the ID-Edge coils work fine on a C$ without modification. It's the C$ coils that need the ground lifted to work on the ID Edge.
(Or, you can get the SunRay pinpointer, and it has a switch that lets you use either coil with either machine.)

mike

There is a small ground jumper connected from one pin to the ground of the strain relief arm on the connector of the CS (used) the ID-Edge doesn't have the jumper (not used).
To match the wiring correctly for switching the coils you would need to.

Remove the ground jumper to use the CS coils on the ID-Edge,

Add the jumper to the ID-Edge coils to use them on the CS.

I've heard of some users switching the coils around to one model without doing anything to the jumper with some success, but the correct circuit is the CS uses the jumper, the Edge does not!

What your looking at in the pictures below is the coil connector that I had to replace due to poor workmanship at Sun-Ray! the connector was removed (cable cut) from a CS-5 coil (Coin$rtike coil) a couple of things to note!
(1) the strain relief tabs were not crimped at ALL around the cable!
(2) the ground jumper is soldered pretty good to the strain relief arm, but it was no more than laying on the solder on the connecting pin (sometimes it touched and sometimes it didn't) if this connection isn't right the CS will power up for a couple of seconds, then power back off. That CS-5 coil giave me fits before I found out what was going on.

The CS-5 coils came with a adapter cable so that the coil could be used on the ID-Edge, all they did with the adapter was to omit the ground jumper at the connector.

These pictures do show the correct location for the jumper, for homemade jumpers I used the tiny solid copper wire used in home installed phone wires, its perfect!

Mark

Posted by: cookie58
Date: July 04, 2015 09:18AM
Thanks Mark. Very helpful information........D.

Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 04, 2015 06:28PM
MarkCZ
I've heard of some users switching the coils around to one model without doing anything to the jumper with some success, but the correct circuit is the CS uses the jumper, the Edge does not!

Mark

Mark,
I see what you're saying...

I'm actually one of 'those' guys. :)
I've got 2 C$ and one ID Edge, and I've got all the coils setup to Edge specs so that they can be used on any of the machines.

After much bench and field testing with and without the jumpers, I can see no depth, emi, or stability difference using Edge coils on the C$.
(I did, however, end up with several coils made from the infamous bad batch of cable...they shredded the insulation like confetti. Thus the impetus to 'mix-n-match' coils.)

:)
mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 06:34PM by trojdor.

Date: July 04, 2015 06:51PM
Yea, the CS has a coil circuit test that it performs at bootup and It's my understanding that the Edge doesn't perform that test. (The manual also states the coil circuit test)

At one point I also had 2 CS and the Bill Ladd Proto type ID-Edge.
After losing my job (they shut down the warehouse) money got tight (still is) so I cut back on my detectors and one by one the CS's went, then the Edge made its way back to Bill, so now I'm pretty lean on detectors.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login