Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ATTN. Mike Hillis and others c$ owners
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: July 18, 2015 01:18PM
Have you ever seen a big difference in air testing/other type of test etc.. In owning different c$ detectors.....I guess what I am asking have you ever seen a big difference in the depth/attitude of different cs's. Thank you for your time. Joseph

Pool

Re: ATTN. Mike Hillis and others c$ owners
Posted by: trojdor
Date: July 18, 2015 02:26PM
Pool,
Both of my C$ are pretty close, but as with all high-gain precision instruments, even a small variance in coil or circuitry can lead to depth differences between units.
I don't think I've seen two detectors from any mfg that test 'exactly' the same.

Having said that;
As with any detector, the more you use it, the more sensitive your ears get to the subtle/unique 'language' of each detector...and thus the deeper you find targets.
Most of the guys who fail to get the C$ to perform simply don't spend enough quality/dirt time with it.

Hope this helps...
:)
mike

Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: July 22, 2015 05:27AM
Hello Mike the reason I ask about the CS is I have always heard/read there was no way for any type of factory tune-up..on the CS..and to the best of my memory (which isn't the best these days lol) never read on forums where there was a big difference mentioned by anyone that had had tried more than one CS ...like for example... in other models,brands of same age or newer.. you hear/read of there being differences in depth etc. Anyway just a thought I had regarding the CS..Thanks for taking the time to answer my question....joe

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: July 22, 2015 10:16AM
Yes. I have noticed that the factory refurbished units that were being sold at the end at reduced prices in order to deplete inventory stock did not have the same performance as the original releases. It is not that much of a difference but if you had one of the originals, you will notice the difference between them.

It is what it is at this point. First Texas has no interest in

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: Elton
Date: July 22, 2015 05:45PM
I owned two..At different times.For some reason the second one loved Indian Head Pennies. Going over exactly the same areas I pulled a couple dozen IH cents the first unit did not detect..
I always though that a little strange...I always wondered if the discrimination was a tad different in the settings.

Other than that little quirk I did not notice much difference... Depth was god in some areas I detected..not so good in other areas.. I will say the c$ was the best Indian Head penny finder I ever used.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Date: July 23, 2015 10:46AM
Elton, I bet it had more to do with your sweep speed than anything else. The CoinStrikes are very sweep speed dependant. That is probably the one key to sucess, getting their sweep speed down. I wish it was more like golf, you know?. One stable swing speed and just change out clubs for distance. But its not. Each detector has a sweep speed it performs best at and if you don't learn it and use it, 3/4 of the performance abilities of the detector are un-realized. I think this is the hardest part of using multiple detectors, remembering and using the different sweep speeds they all require.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro NT Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****

*****Teknetics Omega 8500*****Tesoro Golden Sabre II with VDI & Histograph *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Date: July 23, 2015 10:47AM
On the upside, they are more EMI friendly than the originals. :shrug:

HH
Mike

Posted by: cookie58
Date: July 23, 2015 11:41AM
How does one identify the LB from the FT?

Date: July 23, 2015 02:43PM
Cookie,
There is no physical way to tell them apart. And unless you have used an original release model, you will not be able to tell them apart either as you would not understand the difference unless you had experienced the original spark and the light saber like power hum of the first ones.

Now...I'm not saying the refurbs are bad units, because they are not. I have had two of them and they ran fine. So I'm not wanting to start a lot of discontented CoinStrike users...(get a new F75 LTD with DST :)) But the question was, "is there a difference in C$", and the answer is yes.

HH
Mike

Posted by: wvrick
Date: August 06, 2015 07:57AM
I've had my C$ for a little over 5 yrs, MarkCZ and I worked together and he brought his C$ to work when we found he had a bad coil. But using my coil both machines were identical. My brother only uses a C$ and both his and mine perform the same.

Current Detectors: :minelab: CTX3030 w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP 3030 version :fisher: Fisher CoinStrike w/ 8" & 6" coils w/ Sun Ray Pro Gold HP :garrett: AT Pro
Recovery: :garrett: Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche Tools, A.M. Leonard Soil Knife,Lesche Sampson T-handle shovel, STAVR Evroexcavator 2V.33, Dacor dive equipment
Past Detectors: :minelab: Minelab E-trac, Explorer XS, :garrett: Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Sea Hunter (Diving) :whites: Whites V3i, DFX, 5000 ser 2, 6000 ser.3 and 6000 ser.3 HM, :fisher: Fisher CZ7a-Pro, F2,Tesoro T/R.

Detecting since the 70's with my Father, and before with my Uncle in Florida on 1715 treasure fleet in the mid-60's with a vintage modified mine detector (vacuum tube type). First detector ever used was a Whites Goldmaster S63 (also vac tube) mid-60's.

"Retired and hunting" Future resident of Myrtle Beach!

Date: August 06, 2015 10:43PM
Hey Rick. I saw, I guess it was you selling the V3i on the forum. Do you not like it for relics????? Thanks......D. How do you like the C$ for relics?

Date: August 06, 2015 10:57PM
Disregard that last post Rick. I guess I thought you were someone else......Thanks......D...

Posted by: jabbo
Date: August 08, 2015 08:18AM
I had two C$ at the same time. I didn't find any detection difference of any kind with air tests. Both had the exact same depth. There is no adjustable pots or anything else adjustable inside the control box, so don't open it up. Jabbo

X-Terra 705. Garrett CXII. Compadre. Central New Jersey.

Adds in "Todays Finds Forum"

Posted by: mtdoramike
Date: August 20, 2015 06:24AM
I have owned 3 C$'s at one time and found neither of them were any different than the other.

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: August 27, 2015 07:31PM
What is the best sweep speed for the C$?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login