Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ID Edge coil adaptable to C$ coil question
Posted by: cookie58
Date: August 19, 2015 05:21PM
On the coil wire of the ID Edge, what number on the connector does the ground wire belong? If MikeCZ is reading, I am trying to affix a ground jumper to an ID Edge coil to make it adaptable to a C$. The wire has a lot of black sealant and you cannot tell without peeling the cable. I do not want to do that unless necessary.....Thanks......D.....

Re: ID Edge coil adaptable to C$ coil question
Posted by: WV62
Date: August 20, 2015 06:45AM
I am his brother and I just sent him a email.

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: August 20, 2015 07:51AM
Thanks WV.....D....

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: August 20, 2015 08:28AM
That would be pin # 3
Wire a small piece of copper wire from pin # 3 to the ground/strain relief arm. I have used house phone wire for mine (solid copper) A lead off from a electronic resistor works even better.

Hopes that helps!

Mark

Date: August 20, 2015 08:57AM
Thanks MarkCZ. You are a C$ diplomat. I have the SunRay probe, but with the 10" coil it is a little heavy. Thought about taking it off. I always have the g-pinpointer anyway. Many thanks.....D.

Date: August 20, 2015 05:12PM
Hey MarkCZ. Thanks again. I found which wire had the strongest continuity to pin 3. I got just a little continuity between that wire and pin 1. Anyway, I soldered the jumper onto pin 3 as you instructed and it checks exactly the same as the original C$ coil. By this I mean there is strong continuity between 3 and the metal connector with only slight continuity between 1 and the connector. That was exactly how the original C$ coil was. Thanks again. Darrell......

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: August 20, 2015 09:25PM
Your welcome!
You should be good to go now.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login