Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1266x toggle switch
Posted by: ken ward
Date: October 19, 2015 03:56PM
I just picked up a used 1266x for $200.00 . It cleaned up good. The only trouble with it is the toggle switch on the bottom is broke. I called fisher to see how much they would charge to fix it. They have the switch, but would not give me a price. Either way I want it fixed. I had a 66x when they first came out with it. I used that thing for ever until it got stolen. Now I have another. Any sujestions on the switch repare.. If I have fisher to fix it, I want them to also give it a good tune up... KEN from Ind.

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Re: 1266x toggle switch
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: October 19, 2015 08:51PM
Keith Willis at brokendetector dot com has the toggles, and he could fix it for you, but he would also sell you the toggle.
Getting inside the 1266 isn't a big deal, just remove the two screws beside the coil connector and that lest the whole insides slide out the front.
The wires to the toggle, speaker, and charger port are just long enough to give you enough room to reach in and unhook them.

Mark

Date: October 20, 2015 05:05PM
Thanks Mark. I am familiar. with the screws. Back when they first came out with the 66, I got a new one. One day while I was out and far away from my car, I got cought in a good down pore of rain. I got home right away and called fisher right away. They told me how to open it and dry it out. I will have to contact Keith about the detector.. Thanks... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: ETEXHunter
Date: October 23, 2015 09:27PM
Keith can certainly fix you up on the switch.

If you want to try to fix it yourself, it's easier to take the nut off the bottom of the switch and lift the whole thing out of the case to work on it. I think it has three wires and maybe a resistor connected to it. You'll probably have to remove the charger socket as well, and take the whole wire harness out.

If you transfer the wires from the old to the new, one at a time you won't get them mixed up. Also you will note that the switch has a flat spot on the shaft and a little washer with an index tab on it...be sure to orient the new one the same direction or it won't fit back in the hole properly.

Good luck...JR

Date: October 24, 2015 02:25PM
Thanks all you guys for the help. I will wait till I get back from the Philippines that contact Keith. KEN

Posted by: Auriemma
Date: October 30, 2015 12:04PM
I just ordered a 1265X housing from him... waiting for its arrival!

--- Joe ---
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Sovereign XS, Plugger CF shaft, XS2 meter (180) & S-12 Intruder coil
Minelab Sovereign XS2-Pro, Ron's 180 & 8" CoinSearch coil
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro, XS2 meter (550), & Detech 5" coil
MineLab Pro-Find 25 | Garrett Pro-Pointer AT | RTG700 BeachMaster | RTGBB6tip Pro | Lesche 85E

Posted by: Auriemma
Date: November 24, 2015 11:48AM
Just and FYI... I got my housing and replacement switch hardware from Keith @ brokendetector.com. It fits perfectly.

Thanks Keith!

--- Joe ---
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Sovereign XS, Plugger CF shaft, XS2 meter (180) & S-12 Intruder coil
Minelab Sovereign XS2-Pro, Ron's 180 & 8" CoinSearch coil
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro, XS2 meter (550), & Detech 5" coil
MineLab Pro-Find 25 | Garrett Pro-Pointer AT | RTG700 BeachMaster | RTGBB6tip Pro | Lesche 85E

Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: November 27, 2015 05:28PM
Can't be 100% sure but a White's toggle switch should work http://www.whiteselectronics.com/pinpoint-toggle-switch-gmt-classics-older-models

Posted by: supertraq
Date: December 02, 2015 10:09PM
I had a 1266x years ago and my memory sucks but I believe the tejon switch is the same?

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login