Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
frankenfisher 1270
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 09, 2015 07:21AM
Pieced together some extra shaft pieces i had laying around so i could use my 1270 for freshwater hunting... control box is 5ft 8in above bottom of coil... it's been doing a good job so far...

Re: frankenfisher 1270
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: December 16, 2015 05:56PM
COOL:thumbup:

Posted by: shooter
Date: December 16, 2015 08:03PM
Yo CJ did I ever send you that info or did I forget it?

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 16, 2015 08:41PM
Certainly looks a very interesting machine,as long as it works and you are happy using it for that specific job then that is all that matters,i use a old Musketeer that i use for shallow river detecting in the UK,its mounted on a straight shaft using a tallman bottom rod and the control box that i wear around my neck.It gives me some vital extra depth and with the smaller 7.5'' coil i find that i dont get as much drag with the running water.

Only use it maybe upto 3ft of water looking for roman coins that have been thrown into the water as votive offering to the water gods.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 17, 2015 06:29PM
Mega
Certainly looks a very interesting machine,as long as it works and you are happy using it for that specific job then that is all that matters,i use a old Musketeer that i use for shallow river detecting in the UK,its mounted on a straight shaft using a tallman bottom rod and the control box that i wear around my neck.It gives me some vital extra depth and with the smaller 7.5'' coil i find that i dont get as much drag with the running water.

Only use it maybe upto 3ft of water looking for roman coins that have been thrown into the water as votive offering to the water gods.
i use to chest mount my sov gt or hang over my neck same way you do.. worked fine ...i use this rig after the excal as the 1270 has better separation and funtions better in bobbypin infested areas in my opinion... it finds the tiny gold that the excal struggles with... i saw a tv show few years back about detecting in the thames river...looked liked alot fun...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login