Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Guess who finally found a Gold Strike:detecting:
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: December 12, 2015 09:25PM
ME, ME, ME!!!!

Finally. Been watching for a nice one to show up at a good price for quite a while. Finally got a chance to get a new one for under $300. Yippee for me :wiggle:

This will be my third time around with it. I know many don't like it but I do. I like the hot rock handling.

Well, just had to shout out. HA!

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: Guess who finally found a Gold Strike:detecting:
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: December 14, 2015 07:41PM
Congrads! on the find and a new one at that.
I've never tried a Gold Strike, I know I really like my first Coinstrike, its pretty amazing that those detectors are still showing up NEW!
Good Luck with!

Mark

Date: December 15, 2015 09:40AM
Thanks Mark.

I'm pretty excited about it.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Best of luck Mike with your new G$N/T
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: December 21, 2015 06:10PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: DetectorCollector
Date: December 21, 2015 09:19PM
Congrats on the Gold Strike.I love them old Fishers.Can you post some pics?

Date: December 23, 2015 09:39PM
My Goldstrike arrived yesterday. It is a cream puff. New as described.

While I was bench testing last night I noticed something I hadn't noticed before; there is no spot in the ground balance settings that decreases the response to gold.

The Ground Balance range is -99 to +99, zero inclusive, in increments of 1. In other words the range goes -99 to 0 to +99. At a -99 setting high conductors like clad dollars read as iron. As the ground balance is moved away from the negative side toward 0 the hi conductors start to re-appear as non-ferrous. By the time you get to -50 they are hitting pretty good and the response continues to get a little better as you move closer to 0. However, as you pass 0 and continue to +99 the high conductors continue to respond better and better until at last you hit +99. At +99, a clad dollar is responding with a repeatable non-ferrous response at 13".

So the ground balance settings do have an effect on high conductor response.

However. ground balance settings from -99 to 0 have no effect on gold response. Using my thin 18 K white gold ring, I noticed no change in response in ground balance settings from -99 to 0. I continued to get a pretty consistant 8" non-ferrous response on the ring which is expected for the 5x10 DD coil as I've discovered with my 5x10 bench marking exercise. But, as I move toward and to a +99 setting, the ring response improved, until at a +99 setting I was getting another 1-1/2" in distance.

This was performed with a Sens setting of 9. Threshold setting of 0. Disc setting of 99.

So a positive ground balance setting improved both low and high conductor responses significantly.
No spot along the ground balance setting range deadened low conductor response.
High conductor non-ferrous response decreases as ground balance settings move toward and to -99.

Of course, since the GoldStrike is no longer in production this info doesn't help many people but I thought some might find it interesting information.

HH
Mike

Posted by: Rick62
Date: December 24, 2015 11:16AM
I also have a Goldstrike it is one hot detector , when I purchased mine it came with two coils a 6 and 10 inch the only thing that is a little off there is no pinpoint mode , but if you have been detecting for a while it is easy to pinpoint , and I owned a Minelab Eureka Gold Strike and compared the two on a small piece of placer gold that I had mined the Fisher hit it loud and clear and the Minelab did not respond in any setting , I agree with you on not a lot of people liking this Fisher model , like you I also like this unit a lot it finds targets other detectors won't respond to, I like your info on your fisher also , so you did get some good knowledge out there , that I can use , when ever I mention that I use a Gold$trike I get a lot of negative responses . thanks for the info on the Gold$trike !!!
Rick:clapping::fisher:

Date: December 31, 2015 04:30PM
Thanks Rick.
Have you checked out the low volume settings? At the lower volume settings the higher signal levels use the lower volume and the smaller signal levels use a higher volume. Pretty cool. Check it out.

HH
Mike

Just out of curiosity Mike....
Posted by: rob
Date: January 03, 2016 02:07PM
What frequency is that baby running? It seems that all of the gold machines are running in the upper teens. But, Fisher has been know for running a gold machine much higher. Now brand X has one out there in the 50 kHz range.

Re: Just out of curiosity Mike....
Date: January 04, 2016 03:46PM
Hi Rob,

The GoldStrike runs at 30 kHz.

HH
Mike

Posted by: attackcat1
Date: January 13, 2016 04:16PM
Hey Mike what the heck is a Gold Strike ? you got to post a pic? for us

Posted by: trojdor
Date: January 13, 2016 05:01PM
attackcat1
Hey Mike what the heck is a Gold Strike ? you got to post a pic? for us

http://www.google.com/search?q=fisher+gold+strike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login