Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CS and the 10 inch coil
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: February 03, 2016 04:41PM
Hey guys..I mainly hunt old home sites ..my 6 inch coil is my main coil at these sites sometimes the 8 inch ..but I have never used my 10 inch coil at these ols sites..it sits on a shelf in my closet....my question.. Any of you guys used the 10 inch coil hunting this type site ... would appreciate your thoughts on why/how used ... thanks in advance. joe

Re: CS and the 10 inch coil
Posted by: michael NY
Date: February 03, 2016 06:36PM
Hey Joe, I got my coil from E-Gay at a really good deal. The first time I took it for a walk I had my little girl 8 with me curious to "find money" lol she could not walk in front of me any more if I asked her to. Challenging walking an old picnic grove plenty of overgrowth. As I can recall it was a sold signal down a few inches out pops money! A nice barber dime. I really haven't used it since. This LC came from the picnic grove used the 8" coil I just find the small coil and the standard to fit my hunting area. Good luck & HH

Michael

Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: February 05, 2016 04:44AM
Hello Michael..Appreciate your thoughts on the 10 inch coil...My thought was that the CS being a (different) type detector I might be missing out not using the larger coil on these type sites..The CS with the smaller coil is a killer coin detector..also feel the lower frequency has a lot to do with that..enjoyed the picture thanks and HH....joe

Posted by: JJdigs
Date: April 02, 2016 07:15PM
Do you want to sell the 10" coil ?

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: June 13, 2016 12:55PM
The 10" coil is great for finding coins on edge. The transmit coil is concentric whereas the receive coil is an elliptical concentric, brilliant design albeit heavy for a 10" coil these days.

hh,
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login