Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher 1266x
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: March 30, 2016 05:36PM
Well, I don't know if new users has the option to upload pictures or not?

But if some of the forum members here had your email address then pictures could be shared directly though emails.

If you have a 1266 and not a 1265 then the battery box on yours should be exactly like mine!
one difference in the battery box of the 1265 vs the 1266 is the 1265 uses a button latch to secure the battery box cover, while the 1266 uses a threaded knob that screws into the box.
I've handled both the very early 1266's and the later versions, and to my knowledge there was never a revision made to the battery box on the 1266.

Pictures would be good.

Here is how the upload pictures on the forum starts.
While your working on a forum post if you look above the test body where you type in the message you should see on the left side "Attachments" and just below that a little paper clip and to the right of that the words in blue "Upload File" (you would select that option to start the process of posted pictures in your message.
The pictures would need to be in your computer and no larger than 480 kilobytes in size.
After you select the "Upload File" option a drop down will open up with the browse and upload option (screenshot below).

Select the "Browse" option. This will open up the "Choose File To Upload Window" from there you will be looking at files in your computer, navigate to the folder that contains the picture you want to upload, select it and choose "Open". (see second screenshot)

You can upload up to 6 pictures in one message, but you have to do them one at a time.

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 05:37PM by MarkCZ.

Posted by: WV62
Date: March 30, 2016 07:41PM
You need make sure your picture file size is 480kb or less, this is where most new members have problems posting pictures.

I don't think there is a restriction on new members posting pictures.

Take your time and we will help if needed just ask.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: April 02, 2016 02:01PM
Okay send me the pictures of your machine and I will post them here for all to see what you have.

My email address:

rwcapron@suddenlink.net

Date: April 02, 2016 02:57PM
" Frbuckle1" in the above post WV62 included his email address in his post, when the forum members ask you to (suggested) that you post your email address in a post that is what they meant.
You commenting that the battery box on your 1266 isn't like mind has us wondering what's up with yours??

My 1266 is 100% original except for the coil, mine did have the early version white spider coil, now its got a much newer black spider coil from a 1270. And NO I don't think there is a performance of using this coil

Mark

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: April 25, 2016 05:48PM
What about pictures from a smart phone? Asked on another forum and didn't get one reply? Easier to do pics with the phone.Thanks.

Posted by: JJdigs
Date: July 29, 2016 10:17PM
my 1266x has a black, red, white wire like frbuckle1 had mentioned
My tabs where the battery packs connected are corroded toast. I'm going to try to solder in leads like my 1265x has in stead of a slide in connection on the 1266.

Date: July 30, 2016 06:11PM
It would be better if you and my brother hook up my email. Then you 2 of you can send pictures. But if you want to post pictures you will need to size them and you can use the upload file attachments. Just get it there and start reading how big the pictures need to be before you attach them.

Ron in WV

Date: July 30, 2016 07:51PM
Here are some pictures

Date: July 30, 2016 08:19PM
JJdigs
Here are some pictures

Your one picture in the middle looks to have four wires?

I'm going to say that if white is used as ground on side then it will also be ground on the other side, being ground is a common!

Mark

Date: July 30, 2016 08:26PM
Yes the white wire is a single wire, common ground. It does look like four, but there is only three.

Posted by: ETEXHunter
Date: July 31, 2016 09:03PM
The packs are 6 volts each and the unit is designed to run on 12 volts. The packs are therefore connected in series to work properly.

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login