Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher 1266x
Posted by: Frbuckle1
Date: March 23, 2016 07:00PM
I purchased a1266x . It had bad battery contacts. I need to solder contacts . My problem is that I have 3 wires 1 black 1red 1white. I need a picture showing how these connect to battery terminals If anyone has -a 1266 I would be very appreciative if someone could send me a picture Thank you

Re: Fisher 1266x
Posted by: Elton
Date: March 23, 2016 07:29PM
You will need to post your e-mail addy. You do not have PM privileges yet.

I'm sure some one can send you a picture if you do that.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Date: March 25, 2016 05:03PM
I purchased a 1266x fisher. The battery contacts need replaced. I have 1 red 1 black and 1 white wire. I need a picture showing how these connect to the 2 battery compartments I would be very appreciative if someone who has a 1266x would sent me pictures. Thank you very much

Date: March 27, 2016 06:48PM
I am not sure what you mean. We're do I post my message?

Date: March 28, 2016 06:22PM
I am new to this site . I am not sure were to post a message. I was told to post addy . I don't know what that means. Thanks

Posted by: WV62
Date: March 28, 2016 09:26PM
I will take a guess, and say he is wanting you to post your email address so that if somebody sees your post at the top of the page they can send you a picture. If somebody that has a 1266x sees your above post they may decide help.

You are too new to the forum to receive (PM's) personal messages through the Forum. I don't remember but there is a certain number of post and time on the forum before they let you do the PM's.

Just post your email address if you want and set back and see if somebody sees your asking for help and see if they will help.

You are posting in the right spot.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Elton
Date: March 28, 2016 10:22PM
I meant for you to post your e-mail address here on this forum.( Like you did your request) for information.

No one can contact you without e-mail at this time. You need more posts and time on the forum for Personal message function.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Date: March 30, 2016 07:01AM
Thanks, Neal Vietnam Vet US Army 1970 . Ft Ashby W.Va.

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: March 30, 2016 11:37AM
Frbuckle1
I am not sure what you mean. We're do I post my message?

Okay,
"Frbuckle" let me try and help with the forum problems.
This forum has the option to use personal messaging, but! before a member can us it they're required to be a member for a certain amount of time and have posted so many post. So, until you have met those requirements the personal messaging option isn't available to you yet!!
What the members here are asking you to do is to type in your "Email Address" in a post in this topic. That way a member can contact you directly through your email, they could also send you pictures.

Now, lets see if we can determine exactly where your at In the wiring.

With the battery cover off my 1266 the only wires viewable are red and black and a pair for each battery pack. (four total)
Both sets of the paired wires look to be coming up and out of the center of the shaft (tube) then they fold over and run back down the side of the shaft and attach to the battery pack's contact tabs at the far end of the battery box housing.

So, what part of the detector is the three wires your looking at,
Battery box? (top or bottom of it)
Detector control housing? (Are you actually inside the detectors control housing? (the part that has the controls and circuit board)

Below is some pictures of the back end of the detector looking down inside the battery box.

Mark

Date: March 30, 2016 01:30PM
Okay, I upgraded the picture for a better view.

Mark

Posted by: WV62
Date: March 30, 2016 02:07PM
Your machine may be worth a trip back to First Texas for service. There was anther guy tried to do something like what you are doing and he smoked his 66.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: March 30, 2016 02:25PM
Thank you very much for pictures. It looks complicated . I may have to send in for repair or sell it for parts. Frbuckle11@gmail.com

Date: March 30, 2016 03:04PM
Frbuckle1
Thank you very much for pictures. It looks complicated . I may have to send in for repair or sell it for parts. Frbuckle11@gmail.com

Well, its more difficult not knowing exactly where your at with the wiring and the connection.
If your in the control housing and there is two sets of battery leads feeding in the housing that actually ties to only 3 wires then it would make sense that the batteries feed two different positive circuits and inside the unit those two feeds could be different color codes, if that is the case then the third wire could be the common ground for both, but that's just reasonable theory and NOT FACT!

So, are you working inside the battery compartment (battery box) or do you have the control head (control housing) apart?
Does the battery compartment on your 1266 look like mine? (often times with these units get passed along from one person to another and they get modified is why I'm asking this)

I guess I need to clean off the fallout from my last hunt, my 1266 sure looks dirty in the pictures!

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 03:06PM by MarkCZ.

Date: March 30, 2016 03:44PM
The edit time ran out before I could get the picture of the battery pack included in the post above, so I had to do another whole post just for the one picture.
This is a picture of the actual battery packs used in the 1266's.
The packs make contact at the bottom of the battery compartment and do Not connect with leads (No Wire leads to the battery holders)

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 03:47PM by MarkCZ.

Date: March 30, 2016 04:20PM
I have the battery packs. My battery compartment looks nothing like your. Is there away I can post some pictures to show what I mean.? thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login