Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1280-x shorting out
Posted by: fjs440
Date: August 19, 2016 04:17PM
My 1280-x battery pack has started shorting out against one of the two voltage poles going into the internal section of the detector. It fried the battery pack holder. Same thing happened to the next holder. I now use a plastic insert to protect against this, isolating the battery holder from the two main voltage inputs, but what have I done to cause this? I bought it used and I went out a few times with no problem. Help !!!!! Is the Fisher battery holder different from the usual 8 pack battery holder?

Re: 1280-x shorting outp
Posted by: bebeeping
Date: August 22, 2016 08:39PM
Try wrapping tape around the battery pack
Batteries will be far more stable
Less likely to move or short out
Check wires and nine volt clip going to pack
May need replacing
Then check contacts of wires to 2 posts inside
Had same problems
As not the best set up
And thin wires

Re: 1280-x shorting outp
Posted by: bebeeping
Date: August 22, 2016 08:41PM
1280 pack slightly smaller

Re: 1280-x shorting out
Date: August 23, 2016 05:47AM
Thanks,

I will contact Fisher to get their battery pack.

Date: August 23, 2016 04:42PM
Battery pack was shorting against one of the voltage input posts.

Put tape across the battery pack and put in a plastic insert between the power pack and input voltage poles.

Date: August 26, 2016 05:39PM
The battery pack I received from Fisher does not appear to be any smaller than the battery packs I buy everywhere else. Fisher was very good about sending me a new battery pack, but it is still as tight a fit as what I can buy.

I have resorted to applying electrician tape to the lower side of the pack which faces the input voltage poles. I also inserted a thin piece of plastic to make sure that it can not short out on me. It is a tight fit without these additions and now it is a very tight fit. It has not shorted out and I fell safer now.

Maybe this info will help you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login