Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
1270 Weight Problem.
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: August 25, 2016 04:20PM
I enjoy the 1270, but the weight is bothersome. The eight inch coil alone weighs more then the rest of the detector with batteries inserted. Is there a lighter after market coil for this detector. I have the 7 inch elliptical, nice balance and easy to swing, but looking for a larger, lighter coil to swing.

Re: 1270 Weight Problem.
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: August 27, 2016 11:42AM
Happy_Hour
I enjoy the 1270, but the weight is bothersome. The eight inch coil alone weighs more then the rest of the detector with batteries inserted. Is there a lighter after market coil for this detector. I have the 7 inch elliptical, nice balance and easy to swing, but looking for a larger, lighter coil to swing.

I know the 1270 will use any coil that will work on a 1266! (1265 coils or older don't work)
If coil weight is an issue, then the one coil you don't want is the resin filled (solid) (rare) 5"X 10"

The 1266 5" round box coil is NICE to swing on the 1270! but your going down in size.
I doubt that your going to find a lighter coil than that open frame OEM 8"

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: August 27, 2016 05:05PM
Another solution to a weight problem or fatigue is you can easily make a detector sling that can be adjusted to take most of the weight from your arm and shoulder.
You just need a strap off from something like a sports bag, a bungee cord, and a few nylon ties.

Take two of nylon ties and make a loop out of one and attach it to the detector shaft somewhere about the grip area with the second nylon tie.

Then attach the bungee cord to the one end of the sport bag strap.
To adjust its length just pull one end of the bungee through its hook end, cut off what you don't need, then fold the end of it over and wrap a nylon tie around it and pull it back into the hook (doubled its to large to pull completely through)
See attached pictures for the rest of the rig.
And remember if you only put 1Lb of weight on the shoulder strap you lessened the load on your arm by near half!

HH
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2016 05:06PM by MarkCZ.

Posted by: shooter
Date: October 20, 2016 07:54PM
Make it a HIP mount and the weight will go away for ever. pretty easy to do

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: RICK IN KY
Date: November 06, 2016 05:50AM
I used one for awhile,I couldn't handle the weight of it,if Fisher
Would of made it lighter and put a manual ground balance on
It,I would be swinging one today,It was a hot unit,especially on
Relics,just to heavy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login