Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher 1266x. ground balance
Posted by: ken ward
Date: March 15, 2017 11:10AM
Is it posiable to adjust the ground balance inside the box. My 66 is just so noisy I can not use it very good. Any pictures and directions on how to do this. Thanks in advance... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Re: Fisher 1266x. ground balance
Posted by: nge
Date: March 17, 2017 07:18AM
I was just wondering the same thing. I have had my 66-X since new in 1985. I've been hunting since 1960. And you're right, all clad back then was silver.....NGE

Posted by: pan4au
Date: March 17, 2017 07:45AM
Mine is quite unless I turn the sensitivity up to high..do you still have the problem when you reduce the sensitivity? If so, you may have a bad component in the control box or bad coil. have you tried another coil?

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Date: March 18, 2017 09:24AM
I think my problem is that I have not used it for many years. About a year ago I sent it in to have a good check up . Everything come back OK. The thing I thought that might cause all the chatter is that I had my cell phone with me. I have not tried it lately with out my cell phone. It just has been so many years since I have used it. I remember when they come out with the 66x. A few of us in the metal detecting club just had to get one. I used that thing for many years. I ended up having surgery on my neck and arm that I use to swing. Went for about a year with no detecting. In the mean time I picked up a Tesoro Compadre. Very light. I could swing that thing for a few hours before I had to stop. Well , many years later I am still swinging Tesoros. I need to put batteries back in my 66 and play around with it.
I remember one time I was digging a hole so deep that I found a family of Philippine people. That is when I knew it would go deep.
Thanks for reading... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: March 18, 2017 06:48PM
ken ward
I think my problem is that I have not used it for many years. About a year ago I sent it in to have a good check up . Everything come back OK. The thing I thought that might cause all the chatter is that I had my cell phone with me. I have not tried it lately with out my cell phone. It just has been so many years since I have used it. I remember when they come out with the 66x. A few of us in the metal detecting club just had to get one. I used that thing for many years. I ended up having surgery on my neck and arm that I use to swing. Went for about a year with no detecting. In the mean time I picked up a Tesoro Compadre. Very light. I could swing that thing for a few hours before I had to stop. Well , many years later I am still swinging Tesoros. I need to put batteries back in my 66 and play around with it.
I remember one time I was digging a hole so deep that I found a family of Philippine people. That is when I knew it would go deep.
Thanks for reading... KEN

They were in their day known to be noisy (snap, crackle, & pop). But back in that day nobody thought much of the noisy because none of the detectors were silent search so it was pretty much excepted noise. I don't think the noise your hearing is actually a ground balance problem, but maybe a little to high of a sensitivity in combination of a little low discrimination in a trashy area. What I'm saying is, if there is a fair amount of trash items in around the discrimination setting then a lot of the clicks and pops can be ground targets being processed by the discrimination circuits.

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Date: March 19, 2017 08:44AM
Hi Mark,
I agree with you. I did have the disc a little high. Sens was up a little. I need to play with it in the back yard.
I had a message from a forum member that is interested in wanting to buy it. Some ways I hate to let it go and other ways , I don't use it. Than I don't know what it is worth. It is in great shape. Last year I sent it in for a tune up. I have used Tesoro for so many years. Just don't know what to do... KEN

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: June 12, 2017 02:14PM
So Ken, did you sell it? Or have you mastered it yet?

Date: June 15, 2017 09:34AM
I did not sell it. I have had that 66x since some time in the late 80s. That is all I used for many years. With my back and neck troubles, I went to a light weight detector. I might sell it for the right price. It has been sent in for a check up. Come back with a clean bill of health and looks like new. Like I said, for the right price I would sell it... KEN

Date: June 15, 2017 01:15PM
I assume that the noise issue is something new as you have had the detector for so long and didn't post it has been a long time problem.. one thought is that there may be a new problem with the coil since you had it checked out buy Fisher... Do you have another coil to try. Also, if you have a coil cove on the coil.. try removing the cover and wipe down the coil and see idf that helps with the noise issue

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Garrett Pro Pointer II

Date: June 19, 2017 08:06AM
No problem with the detector. It was just me. I had the sens set to high. I was just not thinking. Like I said before, I sent it in for a check up. Everything is good on it and it looks like new. It works just like it came from the factory.. KEN

Date: June 19, 2017 12:29PM
That we do it as mentioned earlier... I'm glad it working right for you now..

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Garrett Pro Pointer II

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login