Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Found a wheatie with my Coin Strike this morning
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 04, 2017 09:01AM
So far I've found a couple Wheaties and a toy car in this back yard I've been detecting.

Re: Found a wheatie with my Coin Strike this morning
Posted by: ken ward
Date: July 04, 2017 09:21AM
Now you know it still works. How are you liking that detector?
Is it noisy in iron areas like the 1266s ?
KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Re: Found a wheatie with my Coin Strike this morning
Date: July 04, 2017 10:18AM
ken ward
KEN

No it's not noisy at all. I have iron at 99. Runs really quite. I have the threshold just to where I faintly hear it.
I've had the detector for many years but just never used it till now. I never knew how to really set it up properly.

Another thing about sounds on the C$
Date: July 04, 2017 10:35AM
ken ward
KEN

One thing about the Coin Strike is the very short blip of a sound on a good hit I have to get used to.
I'm so used to my Minelab explorer sounds that it is just difficult for me to really know I got a good hit because the tone given is such a short blip.
I wish there was a way on the Coin Strike to lengthen the tone a little.
I really love the pin pointing. It gives a numerical readout when I am directly over the coin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2017 10:40AM by Tony N (Michigan).

Re: Another thing about sounds on the C$
Posted by: michael NY
Date: July 04, 2017 12:19PM
Tony nice finds, if you listen to a double beep its more than likely trash. Crown caps in the ground will give a good signal to. For the machine being steady in iron it works for me. I have an Whites IDX pro that just would not handle iron in one area well hunted park i had a go with the C$ and scored a beautiful Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Date: July 04, 2017 12:51PM
michael NY
Tony nice finds, if you listen to a double beep its more than likely trash. Crown caps in the ground will give a good signal to. For the machine being steady in iron it works for me. I have an Whites IDX pro that just would not handle iron in one area well hunted park i had a go with the C$ and scored a beautiful Walking Liberty Half Dollar.

Fortunately, most of the stuff in here is iron nails. I did dig a couple crown caps. Interesting how quiet it is with the C$ in these nails with your settings you gave me.
On my Minelab Explorer it's a constant drumming of low tones. But I like hunting in All Metal with the Explorer. I wonder if I should set the CS up with no Threshold sound? Do you know?

Date: July 14, 2017 07:49PM
michael NY

I've found some Walers before but not with the C$. I hope to some day though!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login