Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Where is Bill Ladd ?
Posted by: Wirechief
Date: December 31, 2010 03:24PM
Hi all,
I was just wondering about Bill Ladd, is he still around?

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Re: Where is Bill Ladd ?
Posted by: zeekeys
Date: December 31, 2010 05:05PM
John the last I heard, he was having some trouble with lime disease and I think he is into digging up old bottles.
Happy Trails ....Z

F70 Standard, 11" DD, 6.5" coils
Compadre 5.75" coil
Garrett pro pointer
Headphones: (2) UR29, (2) KTXPro 1, SprotaPro
Metal detecting is like life, an adventure in playfulness with pleasant surprises.

Posted by: Wirechief
Date: December 31, 2010 05:47PM
Ok zeekeys and I am sorry to hear about the trouble he is having. I hope he will get well soon and old bottles are good too. I just realized I wasn't seeing him post anywhere. Thank you for letting me know about this and you have a Happy New Year zeekeys. Be safe in the field.

John
Wirechief

No trouble at all healthwise.......
Posted by: Bill Ladd
Date: January 04, 2011 05:19PM
Knock on wood :) Licked the Lyme disease months ago.......& yes, I do still metal detect :) Best way to keep track of what I'm doing nowadays would be via YouTube or Western & Eastern Treasures magazine rather than looking for posts here. This is the first time I looked here in months, & usually I only come on to answer PMs & posts asking for me (hopefully First Tex notices them all). But, the time & effort it takes to make a good picture post took a backseat after I was dumped as "host".......
But, thanks for asking about me. For those curious, I found 2 HUGE bottle dumps (one with the F75) that have been producing rare whiskey jugs & bottles worth some good $$. I've always considered myself an overall "treasure hunter" anyhow, but most know me for detecting. I do indian artifacts, fossils, gems, bottles, relics, coins. I do it all, & I've been digging dumps long before I owned a detector. Ya gutta roll with the hot hand, & at the moment I have better dumps then fields. But, since dumps have been my last few videos on YouTube, & my last magazine cover I was holding a bottle, now there's rumors galore that "Bill Ladd quit detecting for bottles".....But, I guess that's better than the "Quit the hobby" or "still in bed with Lyme disease" rumors ;)
I just sent W&E a new article on detecting, so don't fret ;) See my buddies & I had been looking for a productive bottle dump the entire time I was field testing detectors & moderating here. But, most were either dug out or under parking lots. Then this year we found not 1, but 2 big virgin bottle dumps from the 1800's! :buds: So, I had to shift my focus to getting the bottles out before someone else does (even though that probably hurts my chances of field testing a detector since I'm not posting coins like I was). But, my YouTube videos have become even more popular due to the major excitement of me & my posse pulling old bottles & jugs out of a big hole "Live"......check it the latest one. Dumps are loaded with junk metal, & this dump was found while metal detecting in the woods.......then you just have to set the detector down & start diggin' away!
HH,
Bill

Re: No trouble at all healthwise.......
Posted by: mike from Illinois
Date: January 04, 2011 06:59PM
Glad to hear your doing ok Bill, really enjoyed the video. Mike.

Excellent finds, love those old bottles...
Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: January 04, 2011 09:26PM
Good to see you post, I will check out U Tube....HH

Posted by: NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: January 05, 2011 07:16PM
Bill, WELCOME BACK & HAPPY NEW YEAR!! You GUYS sure ENJOY YOUR BOTTLE DIGGIN!! Really enjoyed the VIDEO!! MANY THANKS,
Les Robinson

Posted by: Ex-Sox
Date: January 06, 2011 05:18PM
Not real sure about the last couple of posts but I really enjoyed your season 1 dvd that I bought from you Bill. I would also like to buy that second one if you have anymore, so, I guess, thanks jbg for bringing it to his attention!

Posted by: PaulSRQ
Date: January 08, 2011 09:24PM
johnnybegood, I don't know what your problem is with Bill Ladd, so you best explain otherwise you are looking like an idiot that should be banned from this forum.

He was just a jealous newbie- good riddenceN/T
Posted by: Bill Ladd
Date: January 11, 2011 07:08AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Prep1957
Date: January 11, 2011 09:09PM
Nice bottle dig,great video,I am treasure hunter also not hobbyist sell most of what I find.Bought most of my detectors from bottle finds.Privy digger for 30 years but if I find nice ravine with bottles I get on it like you everything else can wait.you look real healthy in video continued good hunting.

Posted by: etechdigger
Date: January 12, 2011 01:49PM
I don't think people realize how valuable some of these bottles are. Not to mention how much fun it can be to find them. I like Bill Ladds videos, no matter the subject, because they are never boring. His video on the F-75 LTD is what prompted me to buy one. And in watching his bottle hunting videos I don't know what I get a bigger kick out of, the great bottles they find or he and his buddies excitement over them. Great stuff Bill. Keep it up, looking forward to your next one.

David in TN.

Posted by: drlerner
Date: September 23, 2012 10:30PM
Dear Bill,

HUGH fan of yours from videos.

I am a Medical Doctor in Destin, Florida. Coming to Bangor, Maine in a few days to work 1-2 months.

I have a White's Spectra V3i.

I would LOVE to get together with you and hunt and learn from you.

Contact me if you wish.

drlerner@earthlink.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login