Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Hunt #8
Posted by: zeekeys
Date: May 18, 2013 02:27PM
Picked up 121 coins and some junk. Starting slow this year. I couldn't believe the cross I found today. 1/20 12k on silver. Wife informs me that is what people are buying now days. Thanks for looking....Z

F70 Standard, 11" DD, 6.5" coils
Compadre 5.75" coil
Garrett pro pointer
Headphones: (2) UR29, (2) KTXPro 1, SprotaPro
Metal detecting is like life, an adventure in playfulness with pleasant surprises.

:surprised: What in the Wide world of Sports?:surprised:
Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: May 18, 2013 02:35PM
Great hunting! Been wondering about you Pal! Good to see you are just as productive as ever...! We have a whole new group of users that are showing some great finds and keeping us entertained...Big drawing tonight...you got tickets?
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Re: :surprised: What in the Wide world of Sports?:surprised:
Date: May 18, 2013 03:09PM
Thanks Mud.. No I never play power ball or mega millions. No idea what I would do with millions of dollars.
I have picked up almost 500 coins and one ring a 925. Have picked up a number of wheats and 4 dollar coins.
Still using tight coin numbers when hunting parks with the 6.5" coil all the time. I have upped the the sens up to 75. I am kind of disappointed in the 6" screw driver. I really like the 9" or 10" screw driver much better for popping coins. I guess I will stop at Sears and pick up a new 10" screwdriver. Thanks again Mud.....Z

Compadre 5.75" coil
Garrett pro pointer
Metal detecting is like life, an adventure in playfulness with pleasant surprises.

Ha! :rofl:
Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: May 18, 2013 03:14PM
I havn't found a dollar coin in a few months...hope its not a sign of the times...I've been tweaking the sens up a little too...especially when I get a soft deep signal and want to "light it up" ..verdict is still out for me on anything longer than the 6...if a fellow gets a 9 or 10, does that mean a guy has to dig up a target that deep? Sounds like a lot of work! Too many 3" targets out there! Great count for you so far this year @500 coins in 8 hunts...was a long winter.
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Re: Hunt #8
Date: May 18, 2013 03:29PM
No 3-4" deep no matter the length of shaft. Don't much care to dig dipper than 3" with a screwdriver. I like to get more leverage with the longer shaft. One hand on the handle and the other under the shaft near the ground and lift up. I think it is easier to pop the coins with a longer shaft?
Almost didn't go hunting this morning it was mid 40's and wet but wife needed some quality time alone. I told her I would go even though I didn't want to go hunting:rofl:......Z

Compadre 5.75" coil
Garrett pro pointer

Re: Hunt #8
Posted by: jim tn
Date: May 18, 2013 05:39PM
Hey Zeek, good to see you back at it. Nice pile of coins. Was on a clad rich site looking for oldies and dug 113 coins myself. Best of the digs was 3 wheats and 2 of those in the same hole. I'll take your "sign of the times" recovery any day. Good hunting. HH jim tn

Nice hunt, Zeek!:beers:N/T
Posted by: stilpony
Date: May 19, 2013 11:41AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Hunt #8
Date: May 19, 2013 02:04PM
Hi Jim looking forward to all those silver posts again this year. When you dig up 113 coins that is an excellent day. I like finding wheats, there seems to be a lot in the ground yet. My best one hole find this year is 7 nickles in one hole. Each year nickles are around 5% of my total finds.
Stilpony thanks. Yesterday was a good day. Today I picked up 34 coins at a soccer field. There was a big crowd there yesterday when I went by but only 1 dime on top of the ground all the rest of the coins I found I had to get down and dig up. A lot of walking kind of did me in.
Thanks guys see you next time...... Z

Compadre 5.75" coil
Garrett pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login