Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: wifes F2 which coil is best upgrade?
Posted by: Tajue17
Date: January 05, 2017 08:58AM
my old thread,,, an update to this is we didn't end up getting anything yet because of an injury the dirt fishing needed to wait. still though a new coil or machine is coming,, that 11DD might be the ticket AND now I'm personally wanting a F70 so you'll be hearing more from me this year

Posted by: REVIER
Date: January 05, 2017 09:16AM
So what's the deal, man?
I got a Vaq, my finds and opinions about the 3 years I spent with the F2 are well documented, for three years the F70 has shocked me and that doesn't look like that will end anytime soon.
I use logic and common sense when picking the detectors I have used and I have never been disappointed for one second...yet.
Are you following in my footsteps or just a coincidence....inquiring minds are curious.:lmfao:

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 09:17AM by REVIER.

Posted by: cord40
Date: March 06, 2017 11:25PM
Tajue17
if I did get this coil for her will it also work on the next couple fishers say the F4 F5 maybe F70

To clarify, the F2 coils only work on the F4 and select Bountyhunter models with the same cable connector, and maybe a Teknetic model or two. The early models had a 'push-in' style, while the current is the screw-in style. The F-5, F-11, F-19, F-22, F-44, Gold Bug are in their own family (with some exceptions). YMMV as there are various models of Gold Bugs. And maybe push-in connectors on early f5 and F19, I don't know...
I do know that NEL coils were available with both styles of connectors from Golddigger.

AT Pro, Gold Bug, Fisher F2 with NEL Tornado, 8" and 4" coils, TRX pp, Lesche digger, Bobcat 331

Posted by: cord40
Date: March 29, 2017 01:09AM
larryk56
Would you mind sharing a link of what the sniper coil looks like that you used
with your F2. And what size is it.

Larry
The Fisher sniper coil is 4". Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3b2kj0Mpw
The sniper allows you to get closer to playground equipment, sidewalks, and metal fences, too.
Thanks Revier for all the F2 info and inspiration I have gleaned from you! I am now on to an AT Pro.

AT Pro, Gold Bug, Fisher F2 with NEL Tornado, 8" and 4" coils, TRX pp, Lesche digger, Bobcat 331

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 01:34AM by cord40.

Posted by: REVIER
Date: March 29, 2017 05:52AM
cord40
larryk56
Would you mind sharing a link of what the sniper coil looks like that you used
with your F2. And what size is it.

Larry
The Fisher sniper coil is 4". Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3b2kj0Mpw
The sniper allows you to get closer to playground equipment, sidewalks, and metal fences, too.
Thanks Revier for all the F2 info and inspiration I have gleaned from you! I am now on to an AT Pro.

Thanks man...this vid brings me back, I had some great times with the F2 and that hockey puck dirt cheap sniper coil was a big part of all that since hanging out in trashy sites more often than not is my thing...still is so snipers for all my detectors is a must for me.
Hundreds and hundreds of dollars in clad it found me and literally it was worth its weight in gold.

Have fun with the Pro, like for me and the F70 a whole new level of hunting and experiences await.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login