Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher F75 SE D.S.T Upgrade 11/14 Questions
Posted by: Charlie P. (NY)
Date: January 08, 2015 07:30PM
Hmmmm. Mine just arrived in TX yesterday for my upgrade on one of the first F75 units. Anxious to see what I get back.

Posted by: cobill
Date: January 09, 2015 10:33AM
Found this on another forum:
"Well according to the tracking number, my f75 ltd se2 reached first texas on 1-7. On 1-8 i get a phone call from juan saying all 11-14-14's are being recalled(not his words but what I would gather) and mine was updated to the 12-14-14 and being sent back to me. I asked him if mine was fixed and he said you had the "mama bug" and that I was updated and should be fixed. I asked if I will have an increase in depth and he said bluntly , yes."

Bill

Posted by: detectingMO
Date: January 09, 2015 10:55AM
My replacement comes back on Monday. The brand new replacement went through two different field testers over two days. So hopefully it's correct now!

Cancelled as advertiser. Hadn't paid in a while.

Posted by: shooter
Date: January 09, 2015 12:40PM
video: http://youtu.be/ky6c-5iiBug

I had a 12-14 upgrade and upon trying it out for the first time the detector went crazy. Started it up 3 more times and it did the same thing.The next day I took it to a local site and it was that erractic but still chirping and making noise. I talked to Jaun and told him I took a video of the detector when it was happening, he told me to email it to him right away.Called him back the next day and he said he sent me a return Fex-ex shipping tag and that he and 2 tech's looked at the video, I also asked if they were the one's going to work on it and he said no it's being sent to engineering they want to check out the software. I asked him about the loss of depth and he said they had that problem on the first upgrades but they fixed the software problem and were recalling all of those. I found no loss of depth and the FA mode had great seperation, my problem seemed to be in FA mode A/M mode seem ok but I didn't use it much.I have a video of what was happening when I turned the detector on just don't know how to post without going to U-Tube.

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: Top
Date: January 09, 2015 05:54PM
After reading this, it seems I should wait until all these bugs are worked out.

Posted by: silure98
Date: January 10, 2015 07:56AM
hi
I'm from the UK and theres not much about here regarding F75 discussions. Its more on the T2. I'm not to much into testing but since Ive just purchased a new F75 I thought I would have a quick air test and using V9.0, BP, Sens @ 99 and AM mode I managed to get a tone on a 1967 One Penny at 16". My serial is 11-14-14. I've only been out twice with mine as yet but I'm enjoying using it and luckily I managed to find most targets under 10".
regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 07:58AM by silure98.

Posted by: dbax
Date: March 11, 2017 11:36PM
I have an F 70 but after reading this I am going to buy me an F75 -- amazing depth -- dimes at 12-15" Wow. My poor F70 only about 7"

I am wondering, this is the F75 LTD and I see F75 for sale for about $200 less that say they have new DST mode. Does that make the
base F75 equal to the F75 LDT?

Thanks for any advice on updating. Looking at the dates on these posts I am assuming this has been going on for some time. I see on
the Fisher Labs website they are offering some kind of update service for a fee? Seems like the F75 ltd owners are paying for a "recall?

Thanks for the tips, Dan

Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 12, 2017 09:11AM
What is ma ma pinpoint ?

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: nalc472
Date: March 12, 2017 10:03AM
If I turn DST off my detector will chatter like crazy some times. I would recommend anybody getting a F75 get a LTD2 with DST. Just my opinion. I do not know why people sell their f75. I think it is a great detector. Between my E-trac (sliver finder) and my F75(clean up site) there is very little left for anybody else to find. My best find of a 1834 Capped Bust dime in great shape was with my F75 and and the stock 5 inch coil. That 5 inch coil is amazing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login