Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Tried something new with DP...it worked!
Posted by: Loadthis
Date: March 17, 2017 05:54PM
WV62
Well I skimmed all these post for settings and here is what I came up with. I didn't reread all word for word so if I missed any let me know.

Detectors F70 / F75
Tone DP
Sensitivity @ 75, 30, 40, 49, 60
Disc @ 15, 55
Processor @ DE
Threshold @ -1, -2, -3 all for the F70
Notches none and nickels

So once the list is complete, what could we take from all that to make some basic settings?

Ron and it is raining in WV

Keep in mind, these settings are not hard and fast or necessarily the same setting that will be used on the next hunt.
When I set up my F75, I set it to what I thought sounded good and seemed to work well in MY dirt. My preferred settings on the F70 are different from the F75 that I only recently acquired. I also haven't taken the F75 into a park yet with clean dirt and standard park trash. I'll have to find what works there as well.
The dirt I've been hunting recently is a torn out military housing area with all manner of metals, minerals, 70 year old foil bits, buried pipes and red bricks that can sound like either a quarter or foil.

Posted by: WV62
Date: March 17, 2017 08:31PM
Thanks I will keep that in mind, I was kind of looking for a place to start and now I need get out there find one of those targets that Revier is talking about. For my starter coil I am going with the NEL snake, from my air testing it has the best target separation.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: REVIER
Date: March 17, 2017 09:47PM
I always take any settings and use them as a base then tweak them to my liking.
What happens in one kind of dirt can be different in another.

Today I used these settings again on a short hunt and hunted a few spots I have been over and over and still found more coins I missed before.
Settings were sense between 65-85 but mostly 65-75 because I was getting some EMI chatter.
Thresh was down to -4...still picking up tiny pieces of junk and small bullets fairly deep.
Disc on 6, DP and using the small round sniper.

In my entry area to my local park I have been over a million times and not much good coming up lately I came across a deep clad dime at about 6-7"
Don't know why it was so deep but it was and it was also bright red because of the red clay.
Thought it was painted at first but just discolored.

At a permission house where I hunted all last summer a bazillion times I came across two more wheats.

The red dime was loud and pretty stable although still jumpy from two ways in a range of numbers from 74-79 which was unusual but the ground was holding water after a recent rain and was pretty wet.

At that house the two wheats were in the 5-6" range and acted more normal like coins do around here and were in a higher range of about 86- 92.

I dug some deeper iron today too that I pretty much knew was iron but there are so few good signals in these sites now I hoped to get lucky.
I heard some high tones and saw some high numbers but over iron there were drops down the iron range also from at least one direction.

On the good coin targets this didn't happen, with short quick side to side swipes from all directions I just got repeating high tones so I guess I don't really need to look at the screen all that much on the high conductors but I do anyway...just a good habit I guess.

Also if iron is right next to coins I guess you will get some iron drops but the sounds of the high tones over the coins all seemed a little sharper somehow than high tones over iron.

I think I am starting to hear a difference in those high tones now or I hope I am.

Still more hunts coming up.

Tomorrow I am getting together with about 3 other friends around here and we are going to an old park and it is right next to some old neighborhoods that were knocked down so tone of iron and trash I expect.

Hope I can get deep in that park with these settings and pick through the junk decently well in those neighborhoods with my new skills.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login